Automation Engineer - Distribution
This job posting is no longer active.
Dallas, TX, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
We are hiring for 1 role but the position is posted in many cities/states because we are flexible on the location.
This is an exciting role for engineers, material handling experts and or automation program managers! This role will build out the material handling projects for several new distribution facilities within the US and globally!
The Automation Engineer plans and manages automation projects in the US and globally. The position contributes to and drives the global automation strategy. The position interacts with global cross-functional internal and external teams to lead the development and implementation of a portfolio of advanced processes in the global distribution and fulfillment environments.
- Design and develop engineering solutions for complex material handling challenges for the fulfillment network.
- Lead and coordinate concept and design development efforts for optimal automation solutions through equipment specification, material flow, process design, ergonomics, associate experience, operational considerations, and site layout.
- Work closely with vendors, suppliers, and other teams to create innovative solutions.
- Simultaneously manage multiple high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors.
- Provide technical and program leadership for large-scale engineering projects with tight timelines and defined budgets.
- Conduct postmortem on designs after implementation validating return on investment.
- Focus on business process re-engineering to achieve a defined business outcome that includes process design, supply chain integration and application changes.
- Ability to communicate issues/concerns timely and succinctly to executives and other partners throughout the organization.
- Manage internal and external resources to achieve deadlines regardless of disruptions.
- Partner with all pertinent resources as needed to achieve results.
- Manage the operational budget, report metrics for the group.
- Liaison with project management office to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity, and cost effectiveness.
What You Bring To The Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or related STEM field is required
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in process design and definition in a complex international business environment OR 3-5 years of mechanical engineering and material handling experience.
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects including multi-year, multi-million-dollar greenfield or existing sites projects
- Demonstrated use of lean, six sigma, ISO-9000, Kaizen, Poke yoke and other tools towards process improvements.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- Proven ability to lead matrixed, multidiscipline, high-performance internal and external work teams
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a proven track record for each
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.