Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Our Data Analytics team operates globally. We provide support to more that 1K users located in different countries worldwide. We implement new systems and tools according to Global IT strategy and performing migration and integration activities to achieve global targets. The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintenance of data pipelines and data models to transform raw data into enriched business information.
Position Summary: Senior Data Engineer
This is a full-time role based in our beautiful office in downtown Toronto.
Requirements/Experience/Advanced Knowledge required:
* Over 5 years of experience in data engineering field.
* Passion for algorithms and data structures.
* Data Warehouse and DataMart Design and Development.
* SQL/TSQL programming languages.
* Monitoring and Optimization of data solutions.
* Microsoft Data Integration: SSIS and ADF.
* Azure Cloud Services.
* Azure SQL DB Development.
* Designing and Implementing Azure data storage solutions.
* Designing and Implementing Azure data processing solutions.
* Design, model, develop and maintain data sets to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis.
* Create parallelized and/or distributed versions of existing algorithms.
* Develop and maintain enterprise business intelligence models.
* Design, develop, implement, and support data solutions.
* Architect data pipes and technology stacks related to data manipulations.
* Mentors and coach junior members of the team and helps them develop their technical expertise.
* Design and implement reliably distributed data pipelines.
* Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Nice to Have
* Python programming language
* Azure SQL DB Administration
* Microsoft Data Engineering Certification is a plus
Soft Skills Required
* Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and make frequent work re-prioritization decisions.
* Teamwork oriented.
* Experience working within a corporate environment.
* College diploma or university degree in a technology related discipline
Our Hybrid Work Program is now live for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host most of our interviews on-site, but some interviews maybe conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information around your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.