Associate Engineer, Software Development-IND
This job posting is no longer active.
Mumbai, MH, Indien
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology. We are on a path to transform Ingram Micro into a Digital Platform Business, based on experience and outcomes. Our strategy is intently focused on three main users (Customer, Associate, Vendor) of our Digital Platform, which will be connected via Data and Intelligence. These platforms together are the Ingram Micro Xvantage™
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $50B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced Application Support professionals who serves as a technical resource providing high quality support to our customer base. The individual must have the ability to multi-task, be creative, innovative, flexible and organized. The individual must possess a strong relevant background in supply chain and logistics applications and is prepared to be involved in all facets of support. The individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a high-energy, goal-oriented team environment. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Strong in Support and Maintenance skills to resolve issues reported by customers with a quick turnaround.
- Should have strong debugging and analytical skills.
- Should have both Development & support experience.
- Should be able to work independently as well as in group.
- Need to support On call after office hours on need basis.
- Experience of working on IT Service Management Tools such as ServiceNow.
- Well versed with support processes of Incident management /Change Management/ Request Management and Problem Management
- Working on JIRA and confluence are an advantage
- Comfortable to work in Shifts
Additional Job Functions/Requirements
- The Software Engineer should have good technical knowledge in Web Technologies providing high quality application support to our customer base.
- This role will also be responsible for ensuring proper documentation is made for each system change requested and that adequate change control, rigorous testing is done prior to moving changes into production to improve the quality and minimize production outages.
- This position will contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the area of integration and monitoring the performance and reliability of applications to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Should be able to Coordinate well with other system/support group for quick issue resolution
- Should have good communication skills - Written and Oral
- Should be willing to stretch during weekdays in case of emergency support after office hours.
- Should be flexible and adaptable to learn other technology, if required for project support.
- Should be able to do root cause analysis and reporting for critical issue
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in Microsoft technology stack, including .NET, Commerce Server, Share Point and SQL.
- Experience in Web Technologies such as .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
- Knowledge of Virtualization, VDI and working with remote team members
- knowledge of databases (Oracle, SQL Server,) and SQL, PLSQL ( Stored Procedures)
- Knowledge of Software Application Lifecycle processes such as defect tracking, automated build, requirements management, version control, continuous integration and code development best practices.
- Working Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence is an advantage