Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Support Engineer’s primary role will be to provide support for production incidents/ tickets, as well as on-call support for systems written in C/C++, Cobol and Oracle databases running on Windows and Linux. Support includes analyzing and providing resolution of the incidents. The resolutions should be permanent in nature, as to prevent repeat of the incidents. Permanent resolution can entail the development, testing, implementation, and monitoring of system changes. The Engineer is also responsible for following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- The candidate must be a graduate of any IT related 4 year course and must have at least 3 to 5 years experience in C/C++ and any database.
- At least 2 years of experience as support engineer with above technologies
- Experience with Oracle and Cobol is desirable.
- Familiarity with MS Visual Studio is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
- The candidate must have strong communication and collaboration skills and be team oriented.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Investigate, analyze and fix production incidents
- Work with business on steps to recrate issues
- Create and contribute to incidents library
- Update progress status of incident tickets from assignment through closure of incident.
- Participate on bridge calls for high/critical level incidents.
- Documents root cause analysis and preventive and correction actions
- Documents SIR’s (Significant Incident Reviews) for high and critical incidents.
- Provide on-call support for resolving high/critical incidents.
- Co-ordinate defects fixes with other teams as needed
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.