Sr. UC Collaboration Engineer
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week
- Design and engineer conferencing and collaboration solutions
- Collaborate with other members of the network, voice, and video teams to deliver, enhance, and support the global video collaboration environment.
- Consult with various business units regarding their video collaboration needs and provide ideas and solutions that further enhance the collaboration culture.
- Help contribute to standard operating procedures and diagrams for the video ecosystem.
- Help establish system administration standards and procedures as it relates to any new deployment or changes to existing infrastructure.
- Provide mentoring, training, and support to teammates and peers
- Through ServiceNow, manage collaboration, audio-visual and video incidents escalations.
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, design sessions and meeting participation.
- Asset lifecycle management.
- Drive the adoption of video conferencing services and endpoints.
- Work in an ITIL V3 environment. Applicants should be familiar with the principles of Incident, Problem and Change management although certification is not necessary.
- Train end users and administrators on Video platform usage and administration.
- Provide local and remote collaboration support; work with remote IT support to resolve issues.
What you bring to the role:
- At least 5 years in a video conferencing role including meeting and event support
- Experience with video collaboration services and technologies from vendors such as: Poly, Cisco, Skype/Teams, Crestron, AMX, WebEx. Zoom, Logi etc.
- Experience with Cisco Telepresence endpoints and UC infrastructure (TMS, Expressway, CUCM, WebEx Hybrid)
- Proven technical integration experience within multi-vendor conferencing environments including Teams, WebEx, Zoom, and other cloud and vendor technologies (Pexip, RealConnect, BlueJeans, Cisco CVI)
- Able to work independently, while at the same time demonstrating a collaborative and teamwork style.
- Ability to conduct short-and long-term planning to meet current and future collaborative requirements.
- Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, vendors, technical staff and end users and effectively articulate and present ideas.
- Great interpersonal skills and passion to build relationships within and across teams. A positive team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience with WebEx administration and other web/audio collaboration platforms and services
- Strong infrastructure implementation and project deployment experience.
- Understanding of network infrastructure running VoIP, QoS, SIP, H323, video conferencing and video streaming.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.