Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
The position is a hybrid role based in our Irvine, California Corporate Headquarters with the opportunity to work a few days remote per week.
- Support the company on a global scale with local and country regulations.
- Determine product classifications (ECCN, HTS) for hardware, software, technology, and services across global IM subsidiary locations.
- Determine, validate, and maintain ERPs with ECCN and country specific HTS for IM subsidiaries globally to ensure compliance with all U.S. export laws and regulations.
- Responsible for transactional ECCN classification and export license determination of technology and restricted encryption products to support the day-to-day operations of the company’s U.S. export operations and compliance with U.S. Export control laws for the company’s foreign subsidiaries.
- Continuously monitor multiple ERP systems for transaction holds, perform compliance checks including end user screening to determine export license requirements.
- Prepare export license applications via SNAP-R for US and IM subsidiary locations globally.
- Develop and analyze export metrics, KPIs and reporting to understand trends and identify continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and submit required regulatory report requirements in a timely manner.
- Conduct export control audits and risk assessments to evaluate risk.
- Audit classification decisions in ERPs to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of IM’s compliance program.
- Implement and monitor corrective action plans for identified risks, driving them to closure.
- Investigate, determine root cause, and provide resolution on compliance decisions or compliance system related anomalies, taking necessary actions to drive issues to closure.
- Develop and maintain SOPs, process flows and FAQs for internal export control programs and procedures, ensuring the implementation of internal controls meet the current and changing U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- Develop training content and conduct training related to U.S. Export Controls
- Provide guidance and direction on intermediate to complex transactions, end user screening decisions and complex classification decisions.
- Develop materials, provide training and best practice guidance to support colleagues in all areas of product classification and export license determination.
- Key participant in policy and procedure decisions as a result of legislative and regulatory changes that can potentially impact Ingram’s business.
- Maintain current working knowledge base of the EAR, OFAC and the Foreign Trade Regulations
- Quickly absorbs and prepares business case analysis on routine to intermediate compliance opportunities as they arise.
- Regularly interface with IM subsidiaries to support business opportunities and daily operational requirements with the goal of ensuring compliance.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 + years of export administration experience
- Strong knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, OFAC Sanction Regulations and controls.
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills including experience with encryption technology.
- 'Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Preferred knowledge of GTS or other trade automation systems.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
The typical base pay range for this role in Irvine, California is USD $72,500 - $94,200 - $116,000 per year in USD.
The ranges above reflect the potential annual base pay across the U.S. for all roles; the applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s primary work location, pay grade, and variable compensation plan. Individual base pay within each range depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time of hire. New hires starting base pay generally falls in the bottom half (between the minimum and midpoint) of a pay range.
At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.