This job posting is no longer active.
Shanghai, Shanghai, China, Volksrepublik
Why work at Ingram Micro China
Ingram Micro is a global leader in technology and supply chain services, enabling business partner to maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. We help over 250K business partner, and 2000 vendors operate more efficiently and successfully in the market they serve.
Ingram Micro has earned 2022 Best Workplace™ in Greater China! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
As Legal Assistant, an important supportive position in Ingram Micro China, you will assist legal director and legal counsels in general corporate and commercial work, support contract review and translation from Chinese to English or vice versa, conduct legal research and prepare briefings, attend to corporate secretarial service, manage the company stamps and corporate records, provide support on administrative responsibilities, including data entry, system and SharePoint management, notarization, etc..
In this role, you are reporting directly to Legal Director in China and partnering with key business stakeholders both internally and externally.
What you will be doing?
Your Responsibilities include
- Assist legal director and legal counsels in general corporate and commercial work with a focus on backend functions;
- Support contract review and translation from Chinese to English or vice versa, conduct legal research and prepare briefings;
- Attend to corporate secretarial service, prepare corporate governance related documents, such as board resolutions and articles of association, annual renewal related documents;
- Support the legal counsels and internal stakeholders on data privacy compliance;
- manage the company stamps and corporate records and filing, provide support on administrative responsibilities, including data entry, requisitions creation and submission, system and SharePoint management, notarization, etc.;
- Liaise with internal and external partners; and
- Any other assignments from the legal counsels.
What you will need to succeed?
Law degree, with admission to practice law in China preferred and overseas exposure a plus.
- 0-3 years of legal experience gained from well-recognized law firms or in house roles in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements and contracts.
- Industry experience from technology companies, distribution, retail, or export preferred.
- Good knowledge of China law, including contract, commercial, dispute resolution, privacy laws.
- Ability to draft and negotiate the commercial contracts in both Chinese and English, familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint and excels.
- Outstanding legal analytical, research, and organizational skills.
- Experience assessing legal risk in business operations by identifying and defining issues, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards.
- Ability to manage heavy workload amid fast-pacing working environment.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills in both Chinese and English.
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively in person, through email and other electronic means, and by telephone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extremely detail oriented.