Why work at Ingram Micro China
Ingram Micro is a global leader in technology and supply chain services, enabling business partner to maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. We help over 250K business partner, and 2000 vendors operate more efficiently and successfully in the market they serve.
Ingram Micro has earned 2022 Best Workplace™ in Greater China! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
As Legal Advisor /Legal Consultant, a key position in Ingram Micro China, you will focus mainly on commercial operations, negotiating and handling a wide range of complex contracts, reviewing, and negotiating agreements with vendors and customers and it will also provide business counsel and legal support on other matters such as data privacy, corporate secretary, dispute resolution and other general corporate matters as needed.
In this role, you are reporting directly to Legal Director in China and partnering with key business stakeholders both internally and externally.
What you will be doing?
Your responsibilities include but not limited to
- Provide legal counselling to all levels in the company on issues affecting the business, particularly with regard to commercial, corporate, and financing law, as well as general compliance matters.
- Support the Business, Operations, Finance, Credit and HR departments in assessing risks and implementing solutions.
- Work with Sales teams in evaluating a variety of sale agreements, including participation in RFPs and Bids.
- Prepare and update form agreements, including Distribution Agreements, Resale Agreements, Sale T&Cs, Services Agreements, etc.
- Draft and assist in the negotiation of general business contracts, including, but not limited to, distribution, resale, warehousing services, licensing, transportation, GSAs, guaranties, marketing services, and confidentiality agreements.
- Familiar with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Assist in corporate financing matters as well as tax restructuring matters.
- Assist the global data privacy officer in formulating and executing China-specific data privacy policies, and provide updates on the development of China cybersecurity, data cross-transfer and personal data privacy laws
- Provide general support to new business opportunities.
- Cooperate with internal and external audits, including the implementation of changes.
- Assist with researching and analyzing applicable local regulations in region.
- Oversee litigation and dispute resolution and supervises and instructs outside counsel.
- Provide training on a variety of legal and compliance topics to various Company departments.
What you will need to succeed?
Law degree & Formal qualification in Law and admitted to practice law in China with overseas exposure a plus
- 5-8 years of post-qualification legal experience, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial agreements and contracts.
- Industry experience from technology companies, distribution, retail, or export preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of China law, including contract, commercial, dispute resolution, privacy laws.
- Ability to draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts in both Chinese and English.
- Outstanding legal analytical, research, and organizational skills.
- Experience assessing legal risk in business operations by identifying and defining issues, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards.
- Ability to manage heavy workload amid fast-pacing working environment.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills in both Chinese and English.
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively in person, through email and other electronic means, and by telephone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented