Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Ingram Micro Cloud is a “startup like” business arm of the larger Ingram Micro – and we’re growing absurdly fast. We are the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. Our end-to-end commerce platform powered by CloudBlue facilitates and manages the cloud’s complex digital value chain, connecting partners with innovative solutions that help them compete and scale in the as-the-service economy. With unmatched global reach, easy access to automated go-to-market and integration tools, deep technical expertise and a curated selection of scalable SaaS and IaaS solutions, Ingram Micro Cloud helps vendors, resellers and managed service providers by offering More as a Service. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with over 40 acquisitions since 2012 – and we’re just getting started.
We’re in search of a Infrastructure Engineer who can seamlessly combine technical knowledge with business requirements to manage our cloud Platform needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, planning and everything in between.
As Infrastructure Engineer you are expected to have expertise in building highly available cloud solutions and services, with a strong inclination towards security and automation. This individual will work with various departments to design and develop brand new as well as maintain existing Cloud Platforms.
- Identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions for our customers’ Cloud Platforms.
- Plan and deliver infrastructure changes by creating, implementing and supporting highly scalable cloud solutions.
- Configure and deploy cloud services using automation and orchestration techniques.
- Maintain platform security by following established security and data protection procedures.
- Configure and maintain backup, monitoring, and alerting systems for multiple customers.
- Lead and develop best practices for the larger overall cloud team.
- Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they transform into problems.
- Provide recommendation around technology evolution.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a cloud engineer role or related position.
- A clear understanding of cloud technologies and offerings from Azure and AWS.
- Excellent understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Ability to follow change management process and security procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Deliver results doing what it takes to get things done on time.
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities.
- Demonstrated strong written communication and speaking skills.
- Fluent in English written/verbal communication.
- Proficient in container ecosystem – docker, kubernetes.
- Experience working with Git, Terraform, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services of Azure or AWS.
- Experience working with, configuring and troubleshooting, Linux systems Redhat or Debian.
- Scripting experience – python, shell.
- WebServers & Databases – Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL or IIS & MS SQL.
- Experience working with backup and monitoring tools such as Azure recovery vault, Zabbix, and Prometheus.
- Understanding of network routing, switching and load balancing technologies.
- Understanding of High Availability and clustering technologies.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Flexible schedule and Hybrid work model ⌚️
- Fridays, summer and Christmas reduced time ⌛️
- Tickets Restaurant
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible compensation
- Technical training by department
- English and Spanish lessons
- Career paths by department
- Monthly bonus for home electricity
- Free coffee and cold drinks ☕️
- Arcade machine
- Team building events
- RSC activities ♻️
- Annual salary review depending on performance
- International and multicultural environment