Mgr, Strategic Sourcing-MEX
This job posting is no longer active.
Mexico D.F., Mexiko
Is your career hitting target?
As an ethically responsible company, Ingram Micro will give you the support, technology and stability to
grow your own key account: you.
Join the Ingram Micro Mexico family and become a Mgr, Strategic Sourcing
Ingram Micro’s Global Sourcing function is undergoing a significant transformation. As a Senior Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for leading sourcing activities for within a category team with the goal of realizing significant value for the company. You will be adept at aligning the function’s strategies and goals with those of your primary stakeholders, engaging them in robust discussions to differentiate their business needs from wants. You will be expected to develop a keen understanding of the business and, in particular, how your spend category supports it. Your perspective will need to be broader than typical of sourcing roles.
Education and Experience
- Requires a four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 4 years of position specific experience and 2 years of supervisory experience or 4 years of leadership experience.
- Responsible for leading Strategic Sourcing efforts within defined spend categories representing significant expenditure.
- The development of short-term and long-term category specific strategies and plans that align with the Company’s goals for realizing value, reducing costs and meeting financial expectations, while managing vendor performance and relationships.
- Effectively document, communicate, and gain buy-in for the strategies from global and regional function and Operations leaders. Prepare vendor recommendations for decision-making.
- Interact with stakeholders to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships that drive the greatest value in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, supplier diversity, and innovation.
- Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs), tracking and reporting KPI performance, supplier scorecards, and prioritizing and leading improvement efforts where warranted.
- Create and excite category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, document bid events with suppliers; develop selection criteria based on a thorough understanding of the business needs and drive the selection and approval process of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implement appropriate supplier risk analysis.
- Leverage 3rd party subject matter experts and industry networks to secure information on industry category trends, benchmarking, and best practices.
- Manage contracts, contract negotiation, and contractual dispute resolutions.
- Develop and utilize a Strategic Sourcing playbook to empower key stakeholders and maximize strategic sourcing leverage, optimize project design and minimize project durations and cost.
Required Skills Include
- Proficient in Spanish and English with professional working proficiency in Portuguese
- Ability to interface and make proposals to executive leadership
- Accomplished practitioner of Strategic Sourcing processes
- Commercial and business acumen beyond Strategic Sourcing
- Strong Supplier Relationship Management skills
- Strong financial, quantitative, cost modeling, and data analysis skills
- Experience negotiating complex contracts including strategic partnerships, pricing, SLAs, and other terms and conditions
- Ability to assess suppliers against their contractual commitments and develop performance improvement plans for those not meeting commitments
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization and with suppliers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Problem solving experience in reducing total costs, improving processes, and reducing supplier risk
- Stakeholder management
With Ingram Micro Mexico you will:
Have career opportunities
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.