Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive expertise in data protection, privacy, and data security at a global level.
The Director, Data Privacy is responsible for defining, implementing, and managing all processes related to the collection, processing and sharing of personal data in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries where Ingram Micro operates.
To do so, the Director, Data Privacy manages the day-to-day operation of the data protection and privacy compliance program through:
- Risk identification
- Documenting data flows
- Regulatory monitoring
- Managing and negotiating Data Processing Agreements
- Creation/maintenance of policies and controls
- Compliance training/communications
- Management/investigation/resolution of data subject access requests and other issues
- Assessment of the program effectiveness
Accordingly, the Director, Data Privacy:
- Performs periodic data privacy impact assessments partnering with other stakeholders such as the Business, IS Security, Finance, HR, etc.
- Works collaboratively with all the relevant stakeholders to propose solutions to mitigate the identified risks and accordingly provide guidance to management and associates on US and international privacy and data security laws and regulations
- Ensures alignment between IS security and privacy practices
- Reviews and advises on the collection, use and transfer of customer and associate personal data
- Advises on all issues relating to protection of personal data, including on cloud computing issues and privacy issues arising in contract negotiations
- Regularly monitors data privacy compliance guidance and best practices to evaluate relevant trends and constantly improve the data privacy compliance program
- Develops, maintains, and revises relevant policies and controls including all necessary privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms, and information notices; Monitors the implementation of such policies
- Monitors and advises on the implementation and application of existing and new data privacy and security regulations in all relevant jurisdictions
- Promotes awareness of the data privacy compliance program, in particular with regard to technical and organizational measures and procedures that need to be in place in order to meet regulatory requirements, through effective communication
- Oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of initial and recurrent data privacy training to all relevant associates, contractors and other appropriate third parties
- Ensures that all data privacy compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated and resolved by conducting investigations and ensuring that management has appropriate mechanisms in place to track and verify implementation of recommended corrective actions
- Establishes and manages with the relevant stakeholders a data breach response and resolution plan
- Supervise outside counsels when required
- Documents the data privacy compliance program and establish/manage metrics for Board reporting
- Liaises with regulatory and accrediting bodies when appropriate and serves as the company Data Privacy Officer in all relevant jurisdictions
- Maintains documentation as required by the relevant regulations, in particular in the European Union
- Informs and cooperates with Works Councils and employee representative on topics regarding personal data of employees
What you bring to the role:
- Law degree (JD, LLM) from a recognized law school either in the US, Canada, or Europe
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years professional experience in data privacy
- Deep expertise and extensive hands-on experience with data privacy and data security issues
- Good knowledge of the data privacy regulations applicable to the most relevant jurisdictions where Ingram Micro operates
- Investigative skills a plus
- High integrity
- Excellent writing, communications, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage workload and priorities independently
- Dedication to teamwork and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Driven and hardworking
- Motivated by intellectual curiosity and quick learner
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to effectively complete tasks in a multi-project/fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- Openness to understand and work in a multicultural environment (multicultural background is a plus in a company that values diversity)
- Strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with SharePoint or willingness to learn using it
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.