Sr. Engineering Manager
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully Realize the Promise of Technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable our business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future. With $52 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses.
Ingram Micro is seeking an experienced software engineering manager who can leverage skill-set to lead and grow as part of an Agile SCRUM team. This seasoned leader must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as we deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering organization
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture, and design
- Build cross-department relationships centered on executing company strategy
- Exemplify Ingram Micro Competencies
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal, and external customers
- Guide a team of engineering leaders and professionals that can effectively help develop and execute creative software solutions
- Contribute to technical engineering designs, resource management, and solution implementations
- Provide thought leadership and participate in process optimization initiatives such as implementing software and other industry best practices.
- Identify new areas of business/technical opportunities and encourage teams to adopt these ideas
- Inculcate the culture of servant leadership among leaders and empower them to excel in their areas of ownership.
- Work across teams and across geographic boundaries to ensure seamless integration of the enterprise solution.
- Constantly improve the processes and practices around development and delivery.
- Partner with HR team to recruit, hire, train, and supervise Engineering team members
- Identify the training needs for the teams and partner with leadership and HR teams to conduct these training using suitable platforms
- Responsible for hiring, salary decisions, performance reviews, and career path mentorship of eCommerce leaders and professionals
- Evangelize a DevOps mindset where your teams are accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Ability to interact with Engineers and product managers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
- BS, MS, MBA, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline, equivalent work experience will be considered
- 15+ years working in software engineering in building modular or headless applications at scale with the highest quality, security, and availability
- 10+ years leadership experience in engineering or similar technical leadership experience
- Experience with architectural design recommendation and guidance
- Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of large scale and high-performance platforms
- Software development experience building enterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Good OSS/BSS Application knowledge
- Knowledge of release management and deployment workflow processes, from development release through production deployment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-departmental relationships and motivate team members
- A positive, can-do attitude and value collaboration are a must
- Experience with object-oriented code, C++/C#/Java, Web Services, GraphQL, event-driven microservices, DevOps practices using Docker/Kubernetes, IaaS etc., and willing to design & code. Technically hands-on.
- Scripting Knowledge in Linux and Unix Shell Scripting, PL/SQL. Pearl and Python
- Technical expertise that enables meaningful conversations with product architects & engineers
- Passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with business strategy, business modeling, technology strategy, and roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and operating large-scale, highly available applications at scale in a cloud environment (GCP, Azure, AWS) using cloud-native technologies and tooling - MHS
- Developing and implementing technical efforts to design, build, and deploy cloud applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Experience with data systems and data processing, including query processing, cloud-based data systems and analytics, and structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Experience in several of the following areas: serverless environments, database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics, CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code
- Strong people management skills to mentor and guide individual team members in their career goals
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication skills: written, and verbal
- Professional demeanor
- Customer-centric, Speed, Innovation, trusted partnerships, highly collaborative, Think global, Decision making, results-oriented
- Works effectively in a team setting
- Works efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- The natural ability to be a champion for change
- Team building, Cross-Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership and Defining Success Criteria for Agile/Scrum teams
- Technical knowledge of APIs, 3rd Party Systems, Legacy Systems (SAP), and integration with modern-day SaaS solutions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.