Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
We offer a hybrid work environment - the employee can work from home up to 3 days per week.
The Agile Delivery Director will be responsible for Partnering across Engineering, and the larger Product Operations teams, this leader will understand all aspects of our product delivery - from Concept through Commercialization – and will humbly seek to increase team effectiveness by streamlining the efforts and requirements necessary for the successful iteration and launch of our various offerings.
This position will work across the organization, directly and indirectly influencing all teams, to ensure we deliver efficiently and effectively and operate as an agile data-driven organization, all while staying focused in individual developer happiness and success.
- The Agile Delivery Director works closely with product owners, functional managers, delivery teams, and other internal technology teams to ensure technology delivery is closely aligned with business needs. What you'll do: Lead the development and operationalization of an Agile playbook for all types of product development & delivery (i.e. Kanban, Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean Dev).
- Develop an Agile Community of Practice to include Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other cross functional team members regarding customizing Agile approaches, tools, skills to the organization, including updating process and role definitions as needed.
- Implement agile delivery metrics, including the communication of these metrics to organization-wide stakeholders.
- Ensure tight alignment of Engineering specific processes with the broader overall Product release cycle
- Ensure the overall Engineering delivery process is developer-centric but has just enough process to control, manage and predict delivery
- Own, define, and document Engineering specific portion of the product delivery process, creating a consistent process framework that accounts for variation across engineering teams
- Move organization to a standard rolling roadmap, with near-term deliverables and longer-term directions, ensuring strategic deliverables are always known and understood
- Experience affecting change through influence, in enterprise organizations
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader overseeing the delivery of technology solutions using agile methods and both onshore and offshore providers. Using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, MS Office , JIRA Release Management Plugins etc.;
- Understanding technology solution delivery for large projects/programs through a complete agile development lifecycle (backlog prioritization, sprint planning, tracking burn-down/velocity, etc.); Working with multiple Scrum teams to deliver large scale B2B/B2C applications to our customers, vendors, and associates.
- Working proactively with other Scrum Masters and Chief Scrum Master to identify dependencies and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Shaping and delivering projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, vendors and associates and our own quality criteria; and, enabling Scrum teams to deliver its full potential by managing all Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments for the team, and work closely with Product Owner and Scrum team to groom sprint, release and product backlog.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Applying agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals.
- Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communications.
- Teaching and coaching application development teams to adopt continuous delivery practices and other lean/agile modeling techniques.
- Incorporating updates and changes to the integrated project plan and prepares reports and presentations for executive levels.
- Managing large software development projects or groups of smaller projects and working in large program environments.
- Working collaboratively with all team members on projects of a complex or mission critical nature.
- Managing sponsor/customer expectations, and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software implementations; and,
- Assisting in the management of product development, while reporting to Directors and above.
What you bring to the role:
- Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience License or Certification as a ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Product Owner (CSPO); Agile Coaching Certification or Agile Facilitation Certification Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification desired Experience.
- 7+ years of Scrum Master or project management experience with proven Agile and facilitation skills.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Experience working with and presenting to all levels of an organization, including senior executives.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.