Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
As the Executive Director of Enterprise Solutions Architecture, you are a business evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures creation of enterprise information models that help drive core business strategies. You are a technical, adept listener with a passion for information, technology, and people. You deliver simple, clear, and learnable information architectures and content. You value a clean API object model, enterprise taxonomies, and information strategies. You are a leader who collaborates with ease and brings cross-functional teams together around a common vision and shared purpose, building strong relationships in and out of IT, with a focus on collaboration and direct communication.
You will welcome feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders, utilize research and data to support ideas, and use your informed intuition to make the best decisions in the absence of concrete data. You adeptly balance business needs, technical feasibility, and customer inputs. You are passionate about the leveraging of data from concept and design to development and rollout. Success for you is demonstrated in key metrics, such as customer satisfaction, adoption, and growth.
- Work with IT leadership, business information stewards, and other business clients to define and deploy the technology roadmap and create and manage the overall Information Management Strategy across the company.
- Develop the charter for the organization including the mission, vision, strategic objectives and plans
- Develop a multi-year plan for starting-up ramping-up and scaling-up the IT Modernization & Innovation Organization, including the roles, responsibilities, and skills required for such an organization
- Overall strategy and models for API's to seamlessly integrate data across Ingram Micro and its partners and clients
- Document and manage overall data flows across the Ingram Micro ecosystem
- Create and manage an Information Roadmap that identifies critical Data assets to be brought into the data management platform or made available for business use
- Data integrations required to support existing and emerging business processes to ensure high quality and timely data availability
- Support data architecture decomposition assessments and decisions for Ingram Micro’s digital transformation
- Drive enterprise-level data architecture standards to support business process transformations in areas such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Define and develop enterprise-wide data domains, enable data domain stewards, and consult across the enterprise on federated data architecture solutions
- Support data strategy activities such as data governance, data sharing/rights, data quality, data exchange, etc
- Work closely with data governance and privacy organizations to manage critical data standards
- Work closely with Data Scientists and the Business Insights teams to identify and align information sources with strategic needs for advanced analyses
- Define and govern of data models with a specific focus on data required for reporting and analytic purposes
- Identify content needs and behaviors through research and data as well as customer context-based needs using data analytics
- Monitor the performance of information investments with KPIs and other analytical tools
- Ensure the development of architectural standards, processes and tools that drives predictability, consistency, performance, quality and satisfaction in accordance company and industry standards and best practices
- Direct management of enterprise architecture team with considerations for security/application vulnerability, various application development approaches and architectural frameworks
- Manage the performance of the team Identify development needs and a plan to develop the skills of the organization to meet evolving needs
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the probability of implementation
- Research and propose new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Support IT leadership functions including annual planning, budgeting, status reporting, presentations and continuous improvement
- Desire to evolve your organization and hire as needed for innovation and funded ventures
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required, plus 8 years of experience in Information Technology and 5 years of management and strategic experience in this field.
- Strong proficiency with cloud services (eg OpenShift, Azure, AWS), modern JS frameworks (eg React, Angular, NodeJS), SQL and NoSQL DBMS (eg SQL Server, Postgresql, Mysql, Redis, MongoDB), Object oriented development (eg Java, Node.js, Go, Rust or .NET/C#), native and/or hybrid mobile development (eg iOS, Android, React/React Native, Flutter, Ionic), REST based microservice APIs, DevOps & CI/CD
- 8+ Years’ progressive leadership and design experience in the Wholesale Distribution Industry and/or consulting leadership experience with Named Big Five. Distribution specific experience in large scale data analysis and customer segments including but not limited to SMB (Small and Medium Business), Retail, Etail, Telco and Corporate (VAR).
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in Program and Project management with specific experience implementing significant change and transformation programs including but not limited to digital transformation, SAP ERP, CRM, Supply Chain solutions, product development, marketing, and sales
- Track record in delivering business impact through IT enabled solutions
- Seasoned experience in Matrix management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in solution and proposal design and evaluation. Including but not limited to RFP creation and responses.
- Summarize the minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to do this job:
- Demonstrated and proven experience in Program Governance, Prioritization, Integration Testing, Quality assurance in large scale system deployments in distribution channels and IT industry
- Experience with business process architecture and business process transformation with the following preferred
- Experience constructing a data fabric or similar architectures
- Design and architecture of BI and analytic environments
- Integration of AI and ML in business applications
- Experience with noSQL, graph and cloud databases
*Position may require travel, including international travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.