Desktop Support Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
ID de tâche: 56735
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Position the organization's computer Maintain systems and network environment to ensure optimization of overall network and supporting systems. Plan and execute the installation, configuration, and maintenance of PC and server hardware, software, and , and operating systems.
Based at Apollo office Albany with the occasional travel to our Warehouse at Manukau , the knowledgeable and reliable successful candidate will drive seamless IS support for all associates across Ingram Micro New Zealand
Reporting to the IS Manager, this role will work to support our equipment, server and network functions as well as all day to day information system usage. Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of equipment, and general IS Support and troubleshooting
- Ensuring day to day running of all information systems and equipment is supported
- Active Directory user management
- Provide expert advice to the stakeholders and consult in identifying the right solution
- Effective change control
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Practical experience in the following areas:
- IT Service Desk, 3+ years' experience in on-going management of an IT infrastructure
- RF technology/the ability to understand and configure wireless scanners
- In-depth understanding and detailed troubleshooting of networking issues
- In-depth understanding of configuration and installation of servers (preferably 2K16 and above )
- An IT-related qualification (desirably Microsoft Certified Engineer or similar)
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in serving stakeholders of all levels and being able to professionally consult internal stakeholders to provide the right solutions
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse operations
This role has the potential to get involved with exciting projects at a local, regional and global level offering lots of growth and development opportunities. The successful candidate is required to work efficiently and continually look for effective process improvement. Potential weekend on-call shifts as required.