Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture. We truly are a great place to work.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Manages customer portfolio for collections activities.
- Develops relationship with customer to establish clear expectations of payment.
- Develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures for investigating and evaluating new and existing customer credit-worthiness and extending or revoking credit lines/limits.
- Coordinates with internal departments to resolve billing disputes that may affect the ability to collect receivables.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding bad debt or write-offs.
- Investigates and analyzes credit risks, using available internet and credit agency tools and information.
- Recommends and implements credit extensions/revocations, and/or legal action where necessary.
- Develops and maintains relationships with outside credit agencies.
- Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
- Entry-level professional individual contributor on a project or work team.
- Work is closely supervised.
- Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex.
- Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve issues in which answers can be readily obtained.
- Work is reviewed regularly by supervisor or more senior peers.
- Requires broad theoretical knowledge typically acquired from advanced education.
Typically requires a four year college degree or equivalent experience and 0-2 years functional experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.