Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
We are looking for an experienced Lead Enterprise Integrations Engineer with a focus on business-to-business integrations, configuration, and monitoring to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage integration projects processes and planning, development, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance aspects of the software development cycle. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential.
- Align engineering development requirements (including considerations such as compliance), with capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Promote a collaborative and communicative culture between Operations and Engineering by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale. Ideal candidates are highly proficient in Linux/Windows cross platform environments.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture.
- Drive the requirements for cross-domain team automation and tooling.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes and improve infrastructure development and application development.
- Self-driven, proactive, explorative, analytical thinking and problem-solving. Strong drive to automate manual processes.
- Solve infrastructure and development issues ranging from simple configuration changes to complex, multi variable performance problems.
- Expert level knowledge in Seeburger Administrator(Mapping designer, Process designer, message tracking portal etc).
- Should have worked on version 6.5 or above.
- Expertise in Migrations, Upgrades, Installation, Trouble shooting and support of Seeburger components.
- Seeburger administration, scripting and process deployments, performance tuning and trouble shooting.
- Supported 24/7 for the L1/L2 model of the Production supports by leading and taking ownership all activities, analyzing issues and providing the accurate fixes.
- Sound knowledge of working with enterprise databases e.g. Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Good understanding of REST and SOAP based Web Services.
- Hands on experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience in major API management tools e.g. Mulesoft and Google Apigee etc.
- Experience in incident management and problem management.
- Administrating and customizing CI/CD Tools (Bitbucket pipelines, Jenkins, Azure pipelines, ArgoCD,).
- Administrating and support Tools (Atlassian Enterprise Cloud Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Hands on Scripting automation infrastructure as code (IaC) platform (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Vagrant).
- Write and work with engineering team converting application into docker images.
- Experience supporting application delivery platform with delivery end points across Cloud providers and technologies (PaaS, fPaaS, container).
- Strong background multi cloud provider Container as a Service (CaaS) platform Google Kubernetes Service (GKE), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Openshift Container Platform, Rancher.
- Strong background on GitOps implementation and support.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline is required.
- 10+ years of related experience in Business-to-Business Integrations.
- Provide high quality technical support for Supply Chain and Logistic applications support including Middleware/ERP and other technologies as required.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, acting to resolve problems, troubleshooting and working with our other groups like infrastructure, networking, database, process groups to resolve the issues.
- Participate in server maintenance activities
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Participation in providing training to customers as required.
- Researching technical issues and filling reports regarding issues.
- Report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement. Through their investigations, contribute to product knowledge and help make future technical support easier.
- Support Engineers will be required to be on- call 24x7 on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide hot fix to make system stable.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery plans and procedures.
- Contribute to Quality Assurance processes and ITIL process adherence including following change management, incident management and problem management procedures.
- Expertise in System Admin Scripting languages (Bash Shell, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, Go, Perl).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform or Ansible or Chef or Puppet.
- Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven ability to scale applications horizontally with an engineering team.
- Experience with container-based mesh tools Nginx, Istio, Traefik.
- Experience in DevOps monitoring tools integrated solution with container (AppDynamics, Splunk, ELK Stack, New Relic, Dynatrace, Datadog, Nagios, Prometheus and Grafana).
- Experience in DevSecOps security tools (Whitehat, SonarCloud, Synk).
- Extensive experience in establishing CI/CD pipelines using TFS, Git, VSTS, Bitbucket, JIRA.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines process for deployment/build process for On-premises/multi-Cloud based applications using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, MSBuild, NAnt, etc.
- Experience in implementing integration solutions in industry standard cloud solutions (AWS, Azure Or GCP) is a plus.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.