Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
- Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
- Data continues to transform organizations. We are recruiting a business analyst to optimize the customer experience on our digital platform through personalization.
The ideal candidate is a data analyst who can meet with business stakeholders, understand the problems they are trying to solve, then go and solve them. We are leveraging data from multiple platforms; our objective is to test hypothesis in-market, measure, and fine-tune.
- Ability to meet with senior stakeholders and understand business problems. Communication and willingness to assert yourself is key
- Work with large datasets. Knowledge of programing languages. We are using the Google Cloud Platform through BigQuery
- Ability to propose hypothesis specific to identified segments to achieve business outcomes based on knowledge of internal company data and market conditions.
- Experience identifying relevant KPIs and measuring outcomes. Outcomes drive the next wave of ideas.
- Ability to collaborate with developers to implement data-driven hypothesis into market and measure the results. We’re using Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics as our primary web optimization tools.
- Collaborate with all aspects of the business to implement their business objectives where relevant in the customer platform experience. This includes proposing ways to leverage personalization to grow sales, promote content, reduce operational touchpoints and seasonal key initiatives.
- Focus on accuracy. Knowledge of data sets and models to know if logic is accurate and willingness to QA own work. Familiarity with the business to be able to evaluate if final products align and make sense with our business
- Be curious. What business problems can we solve with data? How can analytics or data science make our organization better? How can we make insights more accessible and challenge our business to ask more questions without worrying about ‘how’ to get answers?
- We can teach you tools, we can’t teach you attitude and thought process. If you’re unfamiliar with the tools we’re using, show us how you’ve learned what you do know, we believe you can get up to speed quickly
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
- What campaign should Vendor X opt-into in Q4?
- How many customers are at risk of attrition?
Tools we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Big Query (SQL-Based)
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Target
- MS Office Suite
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Econometrics) and 5+ years relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2+ years’ experience
- Experience with hypothesis testing and measurement and/or experience with Adobe Target.
- Experience with query languages and managing projects where a relational database was built and used for analysis
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.