Sr. Systems Engineering
This job posting is no longer active.
Fort Worth, TX, États-Unis
ID de tâche: 59214
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
Ingram Micro’s Integrated Solutions Group is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join their team. The Sr. Systems Engineer role is a member of our Integration Services engineering team and requires experience with computing software and enterprise infrastructure. The work is done in a discrete manufacturing facility where we create consumer end user computing appliances and enterprise datacenter solutions.
The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM; 100% onsite with no “remote” option.
What you will be doing:
- Perform engineering processes, (e.g., design, hardware / component installation, server integration, RAID configurations, network cabling, BIOS and firmware, software imaging and image management, asset tagging, reporting and management, and system functional testing) for servers, network and storage
- Implement and enforce processes by applying knowledge of hardware integration, assembly, materials, and software configuration; confer with equipment vendors; and solicit observations from operators
- Implement server cabling and network wiring; install and configure routers and switches, and performing advanced troubleshooting
- Configure, test, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, including small-to-mid-size compute and storage appliances, enterprise servers, power supplies, components, and test equipment
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of system assembly and testing, writing specifications, and principles of operation and application of computer hardware and software
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for system and test equipment activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements
- Advise operators and line personnel of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic systems as well as electrostatic sensitive devices and components; participates in the training of other technical-level employees
- Perform platform confidence and extended burin-in tests on computer equipment by creating and launching automated scripting, while monitoring and reporting on system status
- Perform preventative maintenance functions as directed; maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- System Imaging (using ghost, USB boot, PXE boot, etc.)
- Computer hardware and software installation/upgrades (e.g., memory, hard drives, and NICs)
- Software and OS conﬁgurations, BIOS conﬁgurations and upgrades
- Communication and escalation with management regarding customer orders
- Ensure asset tagging and asset management fidelity
- Oversee unpacking, packing, and kitting of hardware and components if required
- Independently acquire additional skills to maintain technical competencies
What you bring to the role:
- Engineering Degree required
- BS required; MS preferred
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Verifiable 3-5 years of hands-on infrastructure experience required
- General knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems required
- CCNA certification or higher (e.g., CCNP, CCIE) preferred
- Additional software experience and professional certifications preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production work environment preferred
- Data Center experience preferred
- Must be able to lift servers and appliances
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with other employees
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability, high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge and experience to analyze problems and implement necessary repairs or corrective action
- Software troubleshooting skills desirable but not required
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation days and sick days
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.