Ingram Micro, the largest technology infrastructure and solution distributor in the world. Ingram Micro is now transforming and growing rapidly to be a major cybersecurity and IoT player in the world.
This career offers the candidate various opportunities to grow and excel in the field of cybersecurity with Ingram Micro. To be a team player with a strong and dynamic Ingram Micro Consulting organization. A cybersecurity career that you will gain an extensive experience and expertise with broader cybersecurity domain knowledge and solutions. Unlike niche vendors that limit you to specific products and solutions, the career lifecycle with Ingram Micro will expose you to cybersecurity solutions like Security Operations Centre, Identity Authentication Management, Data Governance, Compliance, Cloud based on our vendors’ technologies (Cisco, Palo Alto, IBM, Thycotic, Centify, McAfee, Forcepoint and many more).
We are looking for candidate with a strong and positive mindset. Passionate fast technology / solution learner with strong capability to apply the learnings to achieve our customer business outcomes. A candidate with innovative mentality that want to be part of a dynamic team to create and push for growth. Candidate who strives for mutual success, push beyond limits and take pride in creating a life achievement.
This Cybersecurity Consultant role will focus on,
a) Vendor cybersecurity technology incubation (70%) in Ingram Micro APAC Technology Experience Center
b) Development and enablement of cybersecurity solution demo / POC
c) Security product Installation, configuration and operation (10%) in the field within available bandwidth
d) To create solution (delivery and selling) best practice, collaterals and methodologies.
e) To conduct whiteboarding and presentation to Account Managers, Product Managers and Consultants across APAC on the cybersecurity solutions Ingram plan to bring to market.
f) Be part of a cybersecurity community contributing and sharing ideas, best practices, experiences and support to create a strong learning organization.
The right candidate will be rewarded with attractive remuneration in accordance to his/her experience.
The expected duties of this role are as follow:
- Primary responsibility
- To learn vendors cybersecurity technologies
- To perform installation in labs
- Be competent and knowledgeable of the features and functionality
- Think beyond the solution needs to design and create interfaces / integrations
- To understand how the solutions will fit into the overall Cybersecurity Reference Architecture (working with the Enterprise Solution Architect)
- Create best practice collaterals for purpose of enabling the wider sales and technical teams, go to market readiness
- Design Documentation
- Installation / implementation guide
- Statement of work – Scope, Assumptions and Dependencies
- Risk Mitigation Documentation
- Configuration Guide
- Use Case / Playbook Documentation
- System Integration Documentation
- User Test Case Template
- User Operations Guide
- Knowledge Transfer Documentation
- Technical Support Documentation
- Sales Presentation Materials
- Technical Presentation Materials
- To deliver sales and technical training / presentation to the Account Managers, Product Managers and Consultants
- To maintain quality and up-to-date all collaterals, and provide updates (if any) to the wider sales and consulting teams
- Secondary responsibility - To carry out the following activities during implementation and operation:
- Install and Configure IBM, Pall Alto, McAfee and other Security products onboarded
- Generation of quality project documentation (requirement, design, implementation, configuration, user case / play book, and operations)
- Provide solution and application usage advice to customers
- Work closely with vendor’s engineering and technical help desk to resolve technical issues
- Software development experiences in Java, C# or etc.
- Experiences in middleware deployment such as IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and etc.
- Knowledge and experience with cybersecurity ethical hacking processes will be an added advantage.
- Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Security/Computer Science
- At least 2 years of experience in IT Security solution
- At least 2 years of implementation experience in IT security projects
- Familiar with both Microsoft and UNIX (either Solaris, AIX or Linux) platform
- Candidate with prior experience in Symantec, RSA, IBM Security, McAfee Solutions is an advantage
- Strong understanding of TCPIP, Internetworking, Firewalls, IDS and IP
- Technical experience in one or more of the following is preferred
- Database Administration: Oracle, Sybase or MS SQL
- OS Administration: MS Windows, SUN Solaris, AIX or HP-UX
- Technical experience in Microsoft or UNIX hardening will be an added advantage
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in solution articulation in an open forum and with face to face audiences
- Prepared to learn and adopt new technologies within short timeframe.
- Able to travel (minimum) within APAC
- Certification in PMP, CISA, CISSP or any Symantec Security products is an advantage
- Must be able to work independently and with moderate supervision
- Have a strong passion to enable and push for growth with the teams
- Have a strong and positive mindset with passion to grow with the team, create and contribute to team mutual success