Industrial Engineer/ Lean Lead- Warehousing
Mississauga, ON, Canada
ID de tâche: 51437
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro is looking for an Industrial Engineer passionate about LEAN transformation practices who wants to be part of a global leader in technology distribution! This person will lead the LEAN program efforts within our distribution centers and provide guidance and training on Lean principles. Partnering with our Engineering department, this person will assist with the implementation of key initiatives to improve productivity, optimize processes and material flows. An ideal candidate would be an Industrial Engineer with a Lean background with 2-3 years of experience.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and conducting independent technical projects for center operations.
- Performs duties involving design, analysis and evaluations requiring engineering concepts, practices and procedures to develop or improve center automated process systems.
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize workflow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety. Meets established standards and ensures control of such factors as cost, schedule, risk, quality, safety and equipment utilization.
- Compiles and evaluates test, prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Conducts analyses of method and time standards.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure all needs are met.
- Performs and evaluates work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of facilities.
- Develops plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Provides instructions and standardizes practices.
- Evaluates new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
- Responsible for design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of systems, experimental, devices and specialized test equipment.
- Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus
What you bring to the role
- Seasoned professional individual contributor with minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Works independently with limited supervision. May manager projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job.
- Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers.
- Specialist in technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- Four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected, and supported. As such, we will accommodate disabilities during the selection process and will work with you to meet your requirements.