Employer: SoftCom Inc.
Position: Senior Engineer, Application Support
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Address: 500 - 200 Bay Street, 5th Floor, North Tower, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2J3
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for Target Incentive Reward for 10% of base salary. Eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Eligible for RRSP and employer provided pension. Working hours only during the daylight hours. Career growth opportunities within the support team and into other functions. Opportunity to obtain external technical certifications (e.g., RedHat, Microsoft, Azure, AWS)
Salary: $95,000 – $110,000 CAD / year
Contact: please send resumes to [email protected] and include “Senior Engineer, Application Support” in the email subject line.
CloudBlue, (a business of Ingram Micro, owned by SoftCom) provides the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. CloudBlue comes from $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and four other software companies. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling, and monetizing services. With proven proficiency in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security, and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support for CloudBlue products, helping customers in Canada and from all over the world. You will use your expertise to answer how-to questions, recommend best practices, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems related to CloudBlue products.
- Answering how-to questions and recommending best practices related to CloudBlue product functionality and configuration.
- Investigating technical issues reported by customers, troubleshooting problems, and identifying solutions and root causes.
- Resolving problems by applying the correct procedures and documentation.
- Collaborating with other teams (e.g., Developers, Account Managers, Product Team) to successfully resolve the reported issues.
- Managing time and workload, providing prompt and accurate feedback and status updates to customers according to the SLA.
- Ensuring proper recording and status updates/closures of all processed tickets in the request tracker.
- Documenting investigation steps and applied solutions in the form of tech notes and knowledge base articles.
- Adhere to defined standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge about CloudBlue products, related products and technologies, and support processes by attending training and self-study.
- A diploma, certificate or education in a related field is required
- 2+ years of experience working with IT tools and products; including communicating with software and application users to resolve technical issues
- Experience with Linux system administration (CentOS, RHEL).
- Practical experience with networking and network services configuration; ability to provide examples of troubleshooting and resolve test troubleshooting cases;
- IP addressing and subnetting, routing concepts
- Good understanding of system logs and experience with troubleshooting/monitoring utilities.
- Relevant web hosting experience.
- SQL experience; analyzing and composing queries.
- Good verbal and written communication, fluent in English.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Strong customer focus, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Desire to learn and ability to learn fast.
- Virtualization (Virtuozzo/Azure/AWS) and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) experience.
- Browser console debugging experience (analyze XHR requests, responses, catch exceptions, reproduce using curl).
- Hands-on experience with protocols and data formats used for APIs and systems integration (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, OAuth, SAML).
- Experience with java wildfly application server (configuration, dump and log analysis).
- Scripting expertise (e.g., Bash, Python, PHP).
- Performance troubleshooting skills (with tools like ps, top, sar, strace).
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.