Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Executive Director for Digital Strategy and Customer Experience will lead a team of customer experience experts to craft holistic solutions that span the entire customer journey. You will have Global impact for Ingram Micro. You will help create a strategy, roadmap and prioritization framework for value-added digital experiences that address customer needs, drive ongoing engagement, deepen relationships and support business priorities across the company. This role will partner with key stakeholders to deliver on our mission, developing a new Platform concept to beyond platform launch to create compelling digital experiences that improve customer perception and drive growth. The role reports to Ingram Micro’s Chief Product & Platform Officer.
- Create a unified digital and CX strategy across the enterprise
- Grow, develop, and lead a talented team of experienced UX designers and design technologists
- Work with enterprise leaders on strategic engagements that deliver on strategic business objective and priorities
- Synthesize data and insights to design and bring to market digital experiences that deliver on business and marketing objectives
- Model excellence in design and champion mental models across features and product releases
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them, via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other novel methods
- Lead development, prioritization and execution an enterprise CX roadmap that delivers continuously improving customer experience and engagement
- Develop innovative solutions to complex customer experience needs through collaboration with relevant marketing, business, technology and design leaders
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure the impact of digital and CX initiatives
- Define enterprise digital experience standards and establish governance for customer-facing digital experiences
- Lead a customer first mission representing our customers using VOC data and insights to balance the needs of our customers with those of the business to drive continuous improvement
- Champion and leverage data sources such as the voice of customer, insights and analytics, and customer journey mapping, to fully understand our customers’ experience while focusing daily on delivering value to the company, solving customer experience problems and realistically developing new opportunities
- Develop strategic initiatives that drive customer satisfaction, retention & LTV
- Partner with our product and engineering teams on the exploration and execution of product developments to improve customer experience and support team efficiency
- Drive positive experiences that create customer surprise and delight; building on insights and the voice of the customer as derived from qualitative and quantitative customer health data
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, Psychology, Human Factors, or related discipline
- Master of Business Administration or other advanced degree preferred
- Senior executive leadership experience defining and executing digital and customer experience initiatives
- 10 + years of experience successfully leading a direct team of executives and people leaders that include multi-disciplinary design teams
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience driving viable UX frameworks and product architectures in highly ambiguous situations
- Experience in applying data and insights to develop a digital strategy and CX execution roadmap at scale
- A demonstrated portfolio of developing and bringing to market high impact digital experiences that deliver key outcomes
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams and individuals to achieve success in a team environment
- Innovative thinker who remains flexible and maintains the ability to manage change among varied resources
- Commitment to ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership
- Highly developed presentation, facilitation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Politically savvy collaborator and consensus builder with a track record of bringing people together around a common cause
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop talent
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.