Sr. Professional, Infrastructure-IND
Chennai, TN, Inde
ID de tâche: 52551
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of virtualization solutions as well as all server hardware, networking, and Windows and Linux operating systems. The successful candidate also defines technology standards, trouble-shoots complex issues, and be the escalation point. The position also engages with other teams across all technology stacks: Backup, Storage, Disaster Recovery (DR), Applications, IT & Business Management, and Network & Infrastructure.
- Installation and configuration of VMware vCenter Server.
- Installation and configuration of VMware ESXi hosts.
- Administration of VMware virtual environment using vSphere spanning multiple data centers and networks (AMER, APAC, EMEA).
- Perform troubleshooting of existing environment and new deployments in VMWare servers.
- Conduct active monitoring of environment and respond to alerts and errors.
- Document, review, and update system administration guides and procedures (SOP).
- Configure and troubleshoot VMware virtual switches and underlying network infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot fiber channel SAN, vSAN, iSCSI, and NFS datastores.
- Assist other system engineers with troubleshooting virtual machines (Microsoft, RedHat, Ubuntu, etc.) and virtual desktops (VDI).
- Mentor and train junior team members.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis (RCA), engineering technical assessment and process improvements.
- Interacting with internal users and management to handle service requests tickets, inquiries, and problems.
- Work closely with other engineering and service teams to build unique technical skills and best practices to optimize the use of our technology in modern data center environments.
- Discuss technical best practices, concepts, and technologies to present innovative computing solutions.
- Participate in developing the strategy and initiatives for the services team and assist with driving development and execution.
- Assist the team in the prioritization and development of key activities, tools to use and technical implementation programs.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with the data center design, operations, and support personnel.
- Execute given assignments in a self-directed manner, anticipate issues, and modify procedures as necessary.
- Willingness to work on-call & rotating shift schedule to support 24/7 operation.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent job-related experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Information Technology
- Knowledge of blade servers, networking, storage technologies (SAN, NAS, DAS, etc.)
- Strong SAN design and implementation skills
- Strong VMware ESXi and vCenter design and implementation skills
- Windows PowerShell and/or Linux shell scripting
- Strong experience in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong leadership qualities and experience working directly with customers to ensure strong customer relationships
- Strong client-facing skills, assertiveness, strong communications skills, leadership, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills