Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Sr. Engineer writes new programs, maintains and modifies existing applications programs. The Sr. Engineer is also responsible for creating technical design/solutions and following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies.
The Sr. Engineer works primarily on an independent basis within the guidelines given for delivery of technical work assignments; expected to provide guidance to junior team members.
The Sr. Engineer must have great communication and collaboration skills and be team oriented.
Shifts are between morning, mid or night with weekends as off-days although members can be asked to report to work at night and/or during weekends and/or holidays.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Requirements Analysis/Effort Estimation
- Can ask the right questions to obtain desired information.
- Can identify complexity of the requirement/tickets.
- Can piece together details obtained during requirements gathering to see the big picture.
- Understanding of business requirement process.
- Can come up with effort estimation on own task.
- Can come up with high level effort of entire requirement/tickets.
- Documentation of gathered information.
- Accurate project completion date.
- Clear understanding of the requirement/tickets in terms of scope and specifications.
Major Responsibility: Design
- Can translate business requirements to Functional/Technical design.
- Can identify possible exception/s based on the gathered requirements
- Can drive discussion with interface applications and business to understand the requirements.
- Can render judgements/decision about the scope, effort and criticality of the requirements
- Detailed Functional/Technical Design documents.
Major Responsibility: Build/Development & Production support
- Creates technical design and solution to address particular business/system requirements/tickets.
- Creates applications code with consideration for efficiency and ease of maintenance.
- Can identify the technical implication of any solution on the other modules/functionalities.
- Can conduct code review and suggest optimized implementation/solution
- Resolves technical issues and analyzes or develops solutions for application programs outside primary application knowledge.
- Can provide estimates and timeline based on the given requirements/ticket.
- Can drive high/critical calls.
- Can come up with quick solutions/workaround to keep the business running.
- Can identify the support group and stakeholders needed to address issues.
- Fully-working module with minimal defects.
Major Responsibility: Code Review
- Able to conduct code review based on the internal code checklist.
- Able to identify if test cases/scenarios provided are accurate and align with the requirements/tickets.
- Able to introduce new processes/requirements to improve quality of deliverables.
- Fully-working module with minimal defects.
Major Responsibility: Unit Testing
- Can execute detailed test plans for unit testing
- Can do bug fixing on builds he performed
- Well-versed in using debugging tools/utilitties
- Able to provide detailed review points/feedbacks in doing Peer Reviews.
- Fully-working module with minimal defects
Major Responsibility: IST/UAT
- Can investigate and determine the root cause of the issue.
- Can provide a fix to the issues encountered during testing that is related to the requirement/ticket
- Can do bug fixing on builds he/she performed.
- Fully working modules with minimal defects
Major Responsibility: Specialization: Deployment/Implementation
- Able to independently do all deployments (minor and major releases).
- Successful country deployment.
Major Responsibility: Admin Tasks
- Accurate clocking of worked hours in Kronos and Toggl.
- Compliance to company policies and mandatory training.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
- Adherence to all company policies
- Simple decision-making regarding other team members’ schedules and tasks.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Graduate of any IT Related 4- or 5-year course.
5 to 7 years’ experience in related programming language
Highly skilled of any of the following technology
- Microsoft technology such as MS Visual Studio, .NET, MVC, MS SQL and Angular JS.
- T-SQL / ANSI SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle DDL
Experience in programming language such as Bootstrap and Angular JS, Oracle and Cobol is a plus.
Very strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to create Technical documentations.
- Drives Results
- Sets aggressive goals and has highest standards
- Is consistently one of the top performers
- Pursues everything with energy and drive, the need to finish
- Persists in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Always keeps the end in sight, puts in extra effort to meet deadlines
- Decision Quality
- Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
- Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
- Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice
- Communicates Effectively
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings, 1:1, small, large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Attentively listens
- Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Manages Complexity
- readily distinguishes between what's relevant and what's unimportant to make sense of complex situations
- Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers
- Analyzes multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Reverse Logistics and Mobile Repair Industry, or anything equivalent
- ITIL experience
- Any IT Service Management Tool Experience like ServiceNow
- Agile-Scrum experience
- May be asked to provide secondary or tertiary support during weekends / holidays
- Readiness to provide support to the team lead and primary support associate to address the overflow.
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.