Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
We are seeking a Senior Manager SAP SCE to lead a highly motivated team of talented individuals. You will help us to drive our SAP based solution for the SCE process and integrate it with all Ingram Micro customers across the globe.
- Designs, develops, implements, maintains, and supports Enterprise end-user systems.
- Leads the definition and deployment of the SAP based solution (Global Template) for the Supply Chain Execution (SCE) processes.
- Oversees the global template application and defines any material gaps that may exist with the business and facilitates the determination of changes to be made to the Global template or localization as required.
- Provides collaboration, planning, execution, and coordination of the entire supply network.
- Provides an efficient and effective SCE process with quantifiable impact on costs, productivity and profitability.
- Architect solutions using SAP to achieve a defined business outcome using skills in SAP process design, configuration, development integration, testing and deployment, and SAP technical architecture.
- Accountable for the complete life cycle from business requirements definition through design, build, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery to production.
- Accountable for maintenance and system technical and functional upgrades (e.g. OSS Notes, Service Packs, and Version upgrades) that are required and agreed by the Global IS team.
- Designs an SAP production solution which is global, integrated, scalable, and flexible and follows industry best practices.
- By integrating sales order management, transportation, and warehouse processes, and by linking to back-end financials, manufacturing, and purchasing, the goals of efficient and effective SCE include:
- Increased demand accuracy and order fulfillment satisfaction levels
- Reduced inventory levels and increased inventory turns across the network
- Increased profitability and productivity
- Integrated sales and operations planning processes
- Accountable for building a 3 -5 year IS road map (strategic plan) to support the SAP SCE process areas.
- Enabling responsive supply networks is a complex process, especially for Ingram Micro’s global operations. Key success criteria in this position are: 1) an in-depth understanding of global Supply Chain Management and Execution processes preferably in the global distribution or reseller industry; 2) experience in understanding and analysis of solutions that are customer-centric, demand-driven, adapt to changing market conditions, and proactively respond to shorter, less predictable technology product life cycles: 3) strong SAP functional knowledge of the SCE processes that include robust reporting and analytics tools 4) strong expertise on the people, process and procedural change impact that come as a result of SAP Sales and Distribution and supporting module implementations; 5) thought leadership on Industry Best Practices; 6) Excellent understanding of related cross functional - business processes in the area of Finance, P2P, OTC and WM 6) Strong skills in partner connectivity ( EDI, XML, IDOCs) 7) Integration with Sap and non-SAP warehouse systems.
- A particular area of knowledge and expertise must be applied to specific Critical areas of SCE process focus for this role are planning, analysis and configuration for:
- Demand forecasting and planning
- Supply network
- Safety stock
- Strategic supply chain design
- Materials management – plan-driven procurement, inventory management, and invoicing
- Order Available to Promise (ATP) - plans product availability across a fulfillment network and associated total product cost. This module is the critical link between order management systems and supply chain planning systems
- Transportation management – to plan, consolidate, and optimize inbound and outbound shipments within considering real-world constraints, costs, and penalties. Special considerations are needed for international trade and dangerous/ hazardous material handling compliance (e.g. batteries)
- Warehouse management – to reconcile open purchase orders with incoming shipments, support a put-away management system, and optimize picking assignments. Also support in- warehouse tasks such as labeling, kitting, and deferred handling. Relevant experience in integration with non-SAP WH systems.
- Cross Application Integration of SAP SCE SD module processes with Finance, OTC, P2P, Partner Connectivity (PCG), and Compliance
- Integrated with the MM and PP functional modules, allowing input of customized customer sales price, checking for open orders and forecasting future demand
- Manage a variety of contract agreements with multiple manufacturers and end users
- Use analytical and simulation functionality to evaluate and promote desirable programs and model new programs
- EDI, XML Rosetta net and forms of electronic data protocols
- Master Data Management, validation and governance.
- Customizations related to the Ingram Micro distribution business. Ingram Micro’s SAP deployments must consider international requirements that support the Ingram Micro business model.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IT emphasis is required.
- 10+ years of experience in:
- Global SAP Implementation
- Complex international business environment.
- Managing a team of at least 10+ team members, preferably in the area of SCE and SAP Vistex.
- Minimum of four complete end to end SAP Implementation experiences.
- Related management experience:
- Anticipates company and customer needs in response to a changing global business model
- Partner effectively with customers and business to manifest vision.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, internal and external customers and other cross functional program tracks
- Direct engagement with business resources to gauge current and future strategic needs, analyze impact.
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects
- Detailed understanding of SAP implementation methodology and its’ practical application to country roll outs
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in Relationship management
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers, especially with SAP certified solutions and bolt-ons.
- Managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects.
- Leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a proven track record for each.
- Manage the operational budget, report metrics for the group.
- Manage a cross functional team to oversee and review process design, change assessment and business readiness.
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.