Principal Cloud Operations Engineer
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Operations professional with a focus on provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of cloud solutions to join our growing digital organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects, processes and planning, development, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance aspects of cloud based digital platforms. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential.
- Interact with team members to improve our engineers’ tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Participate in the design, implementation and on-going management for cloud infrastructure operations.
- Align engineering development requirements (including considerations such as compliance), with capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Promote a collaborative and communicative culture between Operations and Engineering by providing automation and instrumentation to improve productivity, reduce risk, and achieve scale. Ideal candidates are highly proficient in Linux/Windows hybrid platform environments.
- Build and test automation tools for cloud infrastructure provisioning.
- Solve cloud infrastructure and development issues ranging from simple configuration changes to complex, multi variable performance problems.
- Hands on Scripting automation infrastructure as code (IaC) platform (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Vagrant).
- Experience supporting application delivery platform with delivery end points across Cloud providers and technologies (PaaS, fPaaS, container).
- Strong background multi cloud provider Container as a Service (CaaS) platform Google Kubernetes Service (GKE), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Openshift Container Platform, Rancher.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes and improve infrastructure development and application development.
- Self-driven, proactive, explorative, analytical thinking and problem-solving. Strong drive to automate manual processes.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline is required.
- 10+ years of related experience in Cloud Operations and implementing industry standard cloud solutions (AWS, Azure Or GCP) with strong foundation.
- Solid understanding of open-source application development languages (.NET/C#, Java, Go, Python) and cloud architecture.
- Expertise in System Admin Scripting languages (Bash Shell, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, Go, Perl).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform or Ansible or Chef or Puppet.
- Experience in defining and managing Cloud FinOps.
- Experience work in SAFe(Scrum or Kanban) methodologies using Atlassian Jira.
- Hands-on experience in build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven ability to scale applications horizontally with an engineering team.
- Experience with container-based mesh tools Nginx, Istio, Traefik.
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.