Server & Storage Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
ID de tâche: 53712
Be the owner of your own learning curve, possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
You should have experience to implement and support enterprise storage and backup infrastructure solutions, ideally for any of the following infrastructure – onpremise, cloud or hybrid environment. Preferably with experience with common application backups, migration and/or DR.Role and ResponsibilitiesProfessional Services
- Deploy & configure or extend enterprise storage & backup solutions for variety of customer environment, not limited to virtualized, standalone or cloud infrastructure.
- This include design, testing, deployment & documentation for installed products/ solutions
- A typical environment might consist of a virtualized environment with varied hypervisor (VMware, HyperV, RHV or other) and host OS, such as Windows and/or Linux or cloud-based.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- May be schedule for rotational standby to support 24×7 maintenance support calls
- Analyse and clarify customer support queries through troubleshooting and research existing vendor’s knowledgebase articles for known issues.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware or software related issues.
- Carry out fault replacement and incident support within customer’s contractual SLA or preventive maintenance if required.
- Requires the ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely.
- Liaise with other support teams, or product teams as required to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner
- Minimum Diploma in IT, Computer Studies or Similar
- 1 – 3 Years’ experiences in infrastructure with hands-on experience on backup solution
- Knowledge of server systems, storage systems, virtualization technologies and basic networking.
- Knowledge of data center route/switch technology, backup/recovery in a virtual or hybrid cloud environment.
- Understanding of active directory architecture, DNS administration.
- Experience in implementation of storage and/or backup solutions
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Willing to work hard, eager and put in effort to learn about new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong coordination and project skills.
- Strong, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- At least 1-3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Sound knowledge or deployment experience in any 1 or 2 of the following areas will a plus:
- Knowledge in the Public Cloud, and specific Infrastructure domains (in Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare, Linux, AWS, Azure or Google)
- Has worked or deployed with NAS/SAN based storage, not limited to HDS, HPE, Dell/EMC, Lenovo, IBM storages and/or others
- Knowledge in BCP/DR (Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery) System OS recovery process
- Required/Prefer Skill(s), in any: Veritas | Commvault | Veeam |Native Cloud Backup or others
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
- Certification- Azure, AWS Cloud certified/ Microsoft Certified
- Microsoft MCSA & MCSE certification.
- Familiarity on Databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
- Candidate with less experience will also be considered for junior position