Professional, Vendor Management- VMWare
This job posting is no longer active.
Mississauga, ON, Canada
ID de tâche: 53759
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Work as liaison between vendors and organization; provides specialized consultative service and implementing, driving and maintaining vendor programs, marketing, and training;
- Review and negotiate terms of vendor contracts and communicate with vendors regarding day-to-day matters;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and monitor vendor performance; research invoice and contractual issues and resolve discrepancies.
- Achieve and exceed renewal and upsell/upsell targets.
- Provide training on vendor renewals process and enablement for vendor tools and resources.
- Resolve escalated issues with internal and external teams.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing operations improvements to drive efficiency.
- Position may or may not be on sales commission plans.
What you bring to the role:
- A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
- VMware experience an asset but not mandatory.
- Customer service, inside sales, software renewal experience is ideal.
- Established and productive professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Works on moderate to complex projects.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
- *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Our offices are now open following a hybrid work model for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host some of our interviews on-site and some will continue to be conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information around your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.