Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates
- Responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating trade shows and special events.
- Tracks projects, manages vendor activities, conducts trade show and vendor research, develops new vendor relationships, coordinates and supervises trade show activities and communicates programs and events.
- Organizes and plans logistics (e.g., facility selection, menu planning, transportation arrangements, and audio/visual equipment) for organization meetings and special events.
- Work with internal stakeholders, marketing partners and cross-functional team members to develop and execute short- and long-term event strategies, budgets, roadmaps, and communication plans.
- Manage communications with presenters and hosts to ensure they have the correct equipment (mic, camera) and test internet connectivity and liaise with management to procure equipment as needed.
- Source compelling and engaging networking and entertainment options.
- Manage all budget and related financial responsibilities, including estimates, deposits and invoicing, billing and event expense reconciliation, provide detailed post-show expense reporting.
- Add value to customer experience through critical thinking, anticipating needs and offering additional services/support, if appropriate.
- Work in a creative and innovative way to continually improve the processes around planning and producing events
What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- May manage projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers.
- The desire to consistently enhance and innovate events, bringing new ideas to the table – both strategically and in execution.
- Specialized knowledge and expertise in organizing and producing all logistical aspects of virtual and hybrid delivery modalities.
- Ability to strategically prioritize event requests and customer needs using good judgment and logical thinking.
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
- Experience with event management and/or scheduling software, preferred.
- Experience working cross functionally in a mid to large sized organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- A successful to multi-tasker that has lead several events simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%).
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
* Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.