Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Our Ingram Micro Mississauga office is in hiring mode and searching for our next Professional, Transportation Analyst
- Responsible for supporting day to day processes and assist in design and development of plans and recommendations for various projects of the IM-Logistics Operations team including transportation, logistics, and/or operations related to our subsidiaries.
- Direct interaction is required with our Advanced Logistics Centers, Transportation carriers, IM-Logistics Sales, and Program Management associates, as well as vendors and customers.
- The position supports Logistics and Transportation management by conducting analyses and reporting on functions that are deemed necessary by the management team.
- A Transportation Analyst would independently identify opportunities and complete analytics within the supply chain with limited or no management direction.
- The position would assist in developing plans of action by creating and/or compiling data or schedule; program, service and/or product recommendations as well as other financial or policy data.
- A Transportation Analyst would be expected to handle direct interface / communications with customers, vendors, and cross departmental issues without assistance in most cases.
- Managing data that controls our Transportation Management Systems (TMS) is also potentially in scope depending upon the reporting assignment within the department.
- Optimizing and overseeing the claims processing to support efficiency between various departments.
- Developed communication and relationship skills are important, as this role involves collaborating across multiple departments to drive improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and/or Transportation OR 4 years of external related experience or 2 years of IM related experience.
- 3-5+ years of related experience preferred, with a strong emphasis on practical Transportation and Supply Chain expertise.
- Knowledge of: Supply Chain and Transportation functionality, Distribution Center Operations, carrier documentation and processes, supplier collaboration, product distribution, lead time optimization.
- Skilled in: MS Access, Tableau and Visio at an intermediate to advanced level, TMS data management, PowerPoint presentation development. Advanced skills in Excel, SQL, or other analytical tools for data mining and analysis.
- Ability to: Analyze data and present alternatives for solution and assist in implementation when appropriate, communicate cross functionally and externally with customer and vendors, balance priorities and have a recognition of risk and reward in the area that they are working in.
- LEAN Six Sigma Certified and/or Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt is preferred.
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Transportation Management Systems (TMS) like JDA, Oracle, etc.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.