Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator III
- Understand the requirements for the database and plan the implementation of the database to handle the requirements
- Architect and oversee consistent database design, installation, and configuration standards across development, test, and production environments.
- Work closely with technical infrastructure and application development teams to design, develop, and implement Databases in support of development, test, and production environments.
- Perform critical patch management, administration, and performance tuning of all databases
- Perform incident and problem management and collaborate with Application Development and other support teams.
- Work with vendor support to resolve issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Participate in on-call duties and provide 24x7 support when required
- Proactively Monitor database utilization, user functions, and performance metrics as required
- Work with storage admins and relevant teams to establish and maintain backup policies and recovery procedures.
- Work with the Information Security team to implement and maintain database and system security policies, TLS/SSL setup, access privileges, and associated account provisioning.
- Provide trend analysis to the management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Work according to the change control procedures and ensure compliance with change control and any other established policies and procedures.
- Assist developers to optimize, tune and enhance database queries
- Understand High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture.
- Computer Science or Business Information Systems desired and/or 5 plus years of equivalent work experience.
- Strong database performance tuning skills with the ability to think through challenging issues and provide proper recommendations to management.
- Knowledge of Oracle database clustering, availability groups, replication, data storage, and virtualization technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of the backup and restore process; full, differential and transaction logs.
- 1 plus year of working knowledge of cloud technology (AWS Redshift, Azure or GCP).
- Ability to work well under pressure; maintain strong working relationships with team members and be willing to undergo peer reviews of the supported environment; be detail-oriented and organized.
- Working knowledge of ITIL Foundation.
What you bring to the role:
- 4+ yrs experience with deploying Oracle Replication and Log Shipping.
- 4+ yrs experience with Windows Powershell for SQL Server and Powershell cmdlets.
- 4+ yrs experience deploying multi-node SQL Server Availability groups and failover clustered instances in clustered environments.
- 2+ Yrs experience with AWS Redshift, AWS-CLI, AWS-RDS, and on premise to cloud migrations.
- Advance administration skills for MS SQL Server 2014/2016/2017/2019 in both system operations and application development support.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post-offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.