Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hands on technology leader to Head our Global Data Engineering team. This position will report directly to the Chief Data Officer and will be responsible for building out the global real time data mesh on the Cloud powering Ingram Micro Xvantage™, our next generation e-marketplace platform for technology distribution.
You will be leading a team of data engineers and architects, collaborating closely with senior leaders in engineering, product and business stakeholders to design and build real time data pipelines, publish data products, influence product direction, define and communicate the vision, strategies, methods, and techniques needed to align and achieve common goals across business units
- Partner with business, product, and engineering teams, to deliver data solutions that enable launch of Ingram Micro Xvantage™ platform for Customers, Vendors and Associates globally across 60+ countries
- Manage the development of real time stream data processing pipelines consuming from message bus on Google Cloud to various globally distributed data stores
- Build and manage multiple CDC technologies for change data capture to replicate data from ERP and other local systems to the global data mesh on the cloud in real time.
- Implement technical, operational, and business processes to achieve 99.99% data reliability and availability
- Grow the technical expertise of the team - build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Anticipate technology needs and foster innovation to build and adopt new and developing technologies and determine how to leverage these modern technologies into our data solutions
- Set and communicate the strategic direction for the team to evolve and improve processes, showing outstanding judgment and flexibility in tailoring that process to the team's work, and exhibit decisiveness in planning, execution, and process evolution.
- Present and communicate status, opportunities, challenges, risks and Influence product direction
- Promote a “one-team” mentality that encourages ownership around technical and customer problems irrespective of organizational boundaries
More about you:
- Strong hands-on technical leader who loves to architect and build modern data systems on cloud at scale
- Quick learner who thrives in an extremely fast paced and agile work environment,
- Enthusiastic about developing talent, nurturing innovation, and building high performing teams
- Experience in building end to end production data pipelines in Native Cloud environments
- Strong understanding of data access patterns, streaming technologies, CDC technologies, data validation, data modeling, performance, caching technologies, bigdata patterns/best practices and cost optimization
- Comfortable making technology and architectural choices with input from teams and drive implementation of technology across broad set of technical domains and making recommendation and influencing departments outside of your own to create win-win scenarios
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consensus building skills; developing and managing key relationships across the organization
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, engineering, math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is a requirement. Graduate degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience architecting and building complex data engineering solutions at scale
- Experience leading a data management and data engineering team
- Relevant experience in building end to end production data pipelines in Native Cloud environments using modern data architectures.
- Experience with Google cloud platform, Google Cloud Storage, Big Query, Pubsub, dataflow, airflow OR other equivalent cloud technologies on AWS or Azure
- Experience with real time stream data processing and CDC technologies for change data capture
- Experience with machine learning and MLOPS a huge plus
- Expertise in data modeling and establishing data architecture, harmonizing data models across multiple systems
- Proficiency in Python, or willingness to grow into Python from other scripting languages (i.e., Java, Scala)
- Passion for learning, solving problems and creating clarity out of ambiguity
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.