This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 56012
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We are looking for a HR Generalist to join our team in Portugal and implement various human resources programs. The HR Generalist is responsible for all human resources operations and activities and ensures they are aligned with the business goals.
What will you do?
- Provide HR advice and support to and build a strong business relationship with line managers and employees
- Responsible for all HR activities including employment, compensation, benefits
- Manage the HR budget in relation to learnng interventions, recruitment, HR activities/events in accordance with HR Director
- Evaluate Learning interventions needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Responsible for the whole recruitment process: job adverts, administration and review of applications/resumes, job applicants interviews, onboarding process
- Manage the number of employees and temps needed to run the business effectively
- Develop and maintain relationship with recruitment agencies and other external partners
- Responsible for the application of HR guidelines and procedures to be in line with local as well as IM regulations
- Being up to date with the latest labor-legislation, -standards and -market developments and ensure that the HR policies comply with these
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Manage all kind of employee relations topics and be the main contact with external payroll agency
- Support and advice the management pro-actively in the implementation and application of HR instruments and –procedures (e.g. Performance Review, Talent Assessment Process, Surveys, merit increase cycle)
- Implement new global IM HR instruments/procedures/processes locally
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Maintenance of employee physical personnel files, electronic databases, attendance system and internal tools
- Collaborate, coach, develop and train our (line) managers to get the best out of their teams, in terms of team building, personal and professional development and talent development.
- Shaping strategic workforce planning and identifying critical functions.
- Analyzing HR data to obtain factual insights about the organization and developments, share it with managers and use it in critical business decisions.
- Identifying and anticipating staffing needs.
- Actively discuss current and contributions to the development of new strategic HR activities.
What competencies do you bring?
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence others: you are good at convincing and positively influencing people with a high dose of responsibility and credibility.
- Highly organized and able to successfully manage multiple priorities and assignments
- Able to partner with different company cultures and personalities: you are good at building and expanding relationships with all kinds of people.
- You have strong analytical skills, and you know how to interpret complex matter well and to convert it into understandable and tangible activities.
- Ability to work independently, good at planning and organizing skills.
- Strong Customer Service orientation; Liaising with Senior Management.
- Team player.
- Trustable and confidential.
- You take ownership and bring projects and activities to a successful conclusion.
- Resilient and flexible.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- You are innovative, eager to learn and used to working in a large international organization.
- Advanced computer skills.
- You’re based in Lisbon.
- You speak Portuguese and an advanced level of English
What experience do you bring?
- You are an experienced HR Business Partner who has a successful track record on both an operational and strategic level.
- Education in Human Resources.
- Extended knowledge of the labor market, common labor practice and Portuguese labor legislation.
- Experienced in change management.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.