Cisco Presales Consultant
Rosebery, NSW, Australia
Job ID: 55502
Cisco Presales Consultant
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Role reports to Technical Manager – Cisco BU
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and continually update knowledge of new technology, products, best practices, trends etc. by consulting technical literature, attendance at Cisco events and conferences on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain and add qualifications/certifications that align to your technology areas.
- Assist with new product introductions to the sales team and reseller channel utilising vendor and presales resources
- Meet KPIs as defined by your Manager.
- Proactively manage career direction and skill sets in conjunction with your Manager
- Take all reasonably practicable steps to maintain the health and safety of yourself and others, and to minimise risks
- Follow Ingram Micro’s policies, procedures and reasonable instructions at all times
- Provide Presales support for the reseller channel and internal departments as required including answers to technical queries, product suggestions and proposals.
- Creation of bills of material and quotes to match the customer’s solution requirements
- Providing customers (both internal and external) with solution responses via telephone or email queries
- Work with Solution Architects on complex solution requirements.
- Update reseller Account Managers of any major solution recommendations to the reseller
- Build and promote both reseller awareness and loyalty by promoting Ingram Micro’s corporate profile, services and products
- Build and maintain relationships with Cisco through engagement with Cisco technical and sales staff
- Liaise with internal Sales and Product Management departments to promote a stronger technical relationship with Presales
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Preferred- Cisco Certifications, minimum requirements CCNA, CCDA
- Preferred- 1yr experience in Networking field.
- Able to work well in a team as well as autonomously.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong analytical skills in assessing customer technical environments and needs
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relationship building skills
- Proactive orientation
- Intermediate MS Office proficiency
If this sounds like you, get in touch today!