Supervisor, IT Systems / Network Administration
Job ID: 56043
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Direct/Manage/Supervise the organization's computer systems and network environment to ensure optimization of overall network and supporting systems.
- Plan and execute the installation, configuration, and maintenance of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating systems.
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of system and network administration including routers, firewalls, servers, computers, hardware/software, data recovery and back up.
- Oversee application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize systems/network needs and upgrade systems as necessary. Manage the development, testing, evaluation, and installation of enhancements. What you bring to the role: Supervises support level employees.
- Problems faced may be difficult but typically are not complex. Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review. Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion. Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines. Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel. High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Four year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience and 1 year of leadership experience.