Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Director, Supply Chain Strategy & Planning will lead the supply chain strategy and planning team for Ingram Micro’s global supply chain organization. This team will be responsible for providing strategy, planning, supply chain optimization and business analytics support to drive innovation, cost reduction, and quality and service improvements in all regions around the world.
- Building and leading a team of analytical leaders and experts to provide a full suite of analytics services to the global supply chain organization, including data engineering, modeling and optimization solutions to improve supply chain performance, predictive analytics and statistical modeling, and performance monitoring and visualizations services
- Developing a data-driven analytics culture within the organization, applying analytical models and emerging technologies to improve decision making and further business objectives
- Collaborating with the executive leadership team and key peer teams on global supply chain strategies, short-, mid- and long-term logistics plans, supply chain optimization and service strategies, capital expenditure justifications (NPV/IRR), analysis and roadmaps
- Advising and influencing a diverse set of stakeholders on supply chain network design and inventory optimization/planning
- Leading the strategic planning process to define CapEx planning and end-to-end continuous supply chain network optimization across the global supply chains
- Defining continuous improvement projects involving and influenced by supply chain analytics
- Establishing a strong data visualization practice internally to develop, implement and manage global supply chain dashboards to track KPIs relating to supply chain productivity, quality and financial measures
- Delivering significant supply chain savings by utilizing optimization methodologies for network redesign and inventory optimization
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- Strategic thinker
- Strong knowledge of all areas of supply chain, specifically in an end-to-end context and the contribution to the long-term growth strategy of the business
- Strong understanding of industry-wide thinking and future trends in supply chain
- Strong financial acumen and business understanding
- Strong knowledge of financial budgeting and acumen to evaluate the ROI of various new capital expenditures and technologies and make financial and technical portfolio-based recommendations
- Evidence of being able to transfer solutions to business stakeholders for successful adoption and value realization
- Excellent creative thinking skills and emphasis on developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to visualize and develop roadmaps to create long-term value to the business via supply chain capabilities
- Excellent stakeholder influencing skills across multiple functional areas within the business, including in a global environment
- Strong listening and communications skills, with ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-expert and executive audiences
- Highly collaborative work style, with ability to provide direct and indirect leadership to cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects/requests simultaneously
- Proactive, fast-thinking, decision-making, flexible individual with good judgment and common sense
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in supply chain analytics or supply chain management consulting with significant leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network modeling
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data engineering, modeling and optimization solutions to improve supply chain performance
- Experienced strategist – able to develop, illustrate and sell strategies
- Experienced network modeler – using a variety of analytics tools, including LlamaSoft and/or JDA
- Experience data analyst – experience with analytics software such as SAS, R, CPLEX, and/or related tools
- Data visualization experience utilizing tools like Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
- Consistent track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles in executing complex, multifunctional scoped projects
- Continuous improvement mindset with validated experience to demonstrate success and impact
- Proven success in influencing strategic management decisions to invest in greenfield, brownfield and localized capital investments and in new and proven technology platforms
- Proven track record of successfully leading, developing, and mentoring highly educated, skilled technical teams in a global environment
- Extensive experience in strategic planning and project management
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline such as operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, statistics or economics
- MBA preferred
Position may require occasional travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.