Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job ID: 56366
About the role: "Logistic Professional, Operations"
In this role, you will oversee the day to day functions of Logistics & Warehousing in compliance with the procedures and guidelines set by the company and Ensure that all tasks are executed within the given deadlines and maintain delivery schedules as per service levels committed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the import operation for IM to maximize service to the business and its members whilst minimizing costs and ensuring compliance. Tracking all shipments through to the members against KPIs with the Import/warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of Dubai custom & Jebal Ali Freezone import documents provided by the suppliers and nominated freight forwarder (commodity codes and VAT) and dealing promptly with any errors or inconsistencies.
- Sound knowledge on Handling and Paperwork of DG goods.
- Determining shipping needs based on the type of product being shipped and the location where it will be delivered
- Day to day liaison with the freight forwarders, warehouse operations, Freight Forwarders and other international carriers/vendors including the resolution of issues relating to movement of all products.
- Daily co-ordination of shipping documentation for customs clearance, nominating FF & arrange local collections by coordinating with haulers.
- Identify seasonal peaks with the relevant business areas and service providers in order to support the inbound planning.
- Communicating with customers to arrange for shipping details such as pickup times, shipping method, delivery date, and any special requirements
- Provide logistics solutions, guidance and commercial support on new routes to market, including identification of any custom’s specific regulations or requirements relating to importing goods from the relevant countries.
- Manage a robust audit trail for all customer activities including goods classifications, relevant shipping documentation in line to Dubai/Jebal Ali import regulations.
- Work with Aware, iScala, Hyperion to extract information such as goods freight cost, vendor wise details, route wise, origin wise, destination wise, term wise, etc.
- Work with specific areas of the business to streamline processes and improve data accuracy.
- Be the main point of contact for IM Import shipments and damage & lost claims.
- Query resolution for members on incorrect/late/non-delivered orders and damaged/imperfect goods.
- Support in ensuring specific supplier and freight invoices confirm to agreed rates and SLA.
- Ensure that the standard operating procedures for all operations are adhered to and advise the department if the procedures do not reflect the current operational and statutory requirements.
- Provide business data for analysis as required.
- Monitor the performance of freight forwarders in line with the KPI’s set by the Supervisor and Operations Manager and attending regular reviews as necessary. Ensure that lead times are monitored, and shipment delays are identified at an early stage.
- Any other duties as may, from time to time, be required by the Company.
- Coordinating with shipping companies to arrange for pickup and delivery of goods
- Scheduling shipment dates and times to meet production deadlines and customer needs
- Daily, weekly, monthly Reporting.
Core areas of Experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in international Freight forwarding/Logistics.
- Experience in an international IT distribution environment or Logistics company.
- Good Knowledge in International Air/Sea freight Management Techniques.
- Experience of dealing with Dubai Customs (Ideally in relation to imports)
- Excellent Negotiation skills with Freight forwarders.
- Possess an understanding of the international freight forwarding knowledge including standard industry procedures and best practice
- A strong administrative and industry knowledge background.
- Organized and thorough in approach with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Calm and focused approach when working to deadlines.
- Solution driven with the confidence to raise any concerns or issues that could affect the business.
- Excellent detailed attention, monitoring and accuracy.
- Exceptional English communication skills in written and verbal with strong customer service skills, Hindi is added value.
- A flexible team player with a positive mindset.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with in team and initiative.
- Strong IT skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages including intermediate Excel and ability to pick up new systems.
- Knowledge of JAFZA, Dubai custom rules and regulations
- An understanding of Third Party Logistics and warehousing industry.
- Knowledge of LEAN
- Knowledge of TAPA
- IATA certification