Maintenance Associate (Level II)
This job posting is no longer active.
Carol Stream, IL, United States
Job ID: 56611
Description Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Join our team in the Carol Stream, IL distribution center where you will be a member of our maintenance team servicing a 600,000 square feet facility. We are offering training and certification opportunities to our maintenance associates including the in-house forklift training and certification. Positions for both shifts are available: 1st shift schedule start time is 5:45am and 2nd shift start time is 1:30pm, Monday - Friday, some weekends and overtime hours will be available. Pay rate is $25/hour for 1st shift and $25.50/hour for 2nd shift and most benefit plans start day 1 (see details below)!Responsibilities:
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, scissor lifts, hand tools, and power tools.
Benefits offered to Ingram Micro Full-time Employees:
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- 2-4 years experience with above responsibilities in industrial environment is required
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Willing to learn to operate various forklifts, we will train
- High school diploma or GED required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required upon hire
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Health Care Benefits – You will be immediately eligible to enroll in medical, vision and dental benefit plans (HSA and FSA plans are also offered).
- Paid Vacation – vacation/paid time off will begin to accrue on your first day of employment. Once accrued, you will be able to take the paid time off work (with appropriate prior notice and approvals).
- Annual Performance Bonus (Gainshare program) – employees are eligible to receive additional compensation annually based on the facility meeting company performance metrics. This bonus is paid to employees annually in March.
- 401k Retirement Savings – You will be immediately eligible to contribute to your 401k and receive a company match (50% of the first 5% of employee contribution) with immediate vesting for the company match.
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurances – You will be automatically enrolled into these plans at no cost to you. Employees can purchase additional coverages as well.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Employees can utilize this plan for personal, family and career related issues.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement immediately upon hire.
- Global Career & Professional Growth – We offer internal promotions, on the job learning opportunities, and training programs. We are a global company and offer opportunities in many countries around the world. Visit www.ingrammicro.com , scroll down to Careers and search.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law. #LI-JA2