Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced Sr. software engineering who can leverage their skill set to grow as part of Global Supply Chain Systems Development team. Join our highly motivated and talented team and play an integral role in building a state-of-the-art warehouse management system for Ingram Micro warehouses across the globe.
As a Sr. software engineering, you will contribute to large scale WMS applications to enable successful product development while supporting architectural quality, scalability, performance and function.
The Sr. software engineering is part of an SCE development team; building and working on supply chain system on top of the Open source Technology development stack.
Roles and Responisbility
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools, and utilities. Determines systems software design requirements.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- Develops and writes new programs with a simple to higher degree of complexity utilizing departmental systems development methodology, standard procedures, and techniques.
- May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues
- Creates application codes with consideration to efficiency and ease of maintenance.
- Prepares technical components, which include program comparisons, detailed test results, Compiling DRE test logs,user/technical/operational documentation, rerun/restart procedures, and other pertinent information, for review and production implementation.
- Analyzes and resolves technical issues, which may include development of solutions for application programs within primary application knowledge.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities, which may include development of recommendations, process design changes, system specifications.
- conducting user-acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately.
- Executes the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for projects.
- Utilizes all development tools in primary application and/or platform.
- Demonstrates increasing skill of coding/development across multiple platforms/applications.
- consulting manuals, periodicals and technical design to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge.
- A high level of commitment is expected due to the costs of projects and regular tight deadlines, particularly in small to large-sized projects.
- Participating in peer reviews of Solution Design and releated code, RFC review.
- Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Support Code Deployment release.
A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Working hours are typically 9am to 6pm.
General Skill :
- ingenuity and creativity.
- a logical approach on problem solving.
- the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- experience of development methodologies, like agile.
- attention to detail.
- tenacity and patience
- an understanding of business processes and constraints.
- high-level programming and related technical skills.
- good teamwork skills.
- the ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
Operating Systems: Windows / Linux
Programming Skills: C/C++; Pro*C; Microfocus COBOL
Database Skills: PL/SQL; SQL
Scripting Language: Unix Shell Scripting - sh/bash