Vendor Business Manager
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Job ID: 56502
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
The Vendor Business Manager is responsible is accountable for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects. They will provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling.
The successful incumbent will possess three to five years related industry experience. Additionally, they will have:
- Developing and facilitating profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship.
- Developing business plans.
- Driving business for a particular vendor or project within a business unit.
- Understanding vendors key initiatives, assisting category manager with products and markets served.
- Act as a resource to the department as a vendor expert. Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale. Offer feedback on the competition.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure, buy-in and deals.
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, return of product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management and priority allocation.
- Serve as elevation point for buy backs and customer return allowances.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels.
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of general computer applications (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) required.
- Strong negotiation skills. Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data. Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.