Data Center Technical Marketing Engineer - (Field)
This job posting is no longer active.
Orlando, FL, United States
Job ID: 56590
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture. We truly are a great place to work.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
About the Role:
Are you looking for a fast-paced, associate-focused culture, with accelerated career path opportunities? Are you technically-inclined, charismatic, and enjoy sharing what you have learned in creative and compelling ways? Then look no further because you’ve found your next opportunity. We’d love to talk with you to see if we’re a good fit for each other!
In this role, you will build your expertise in an assigned technology category and share what you learn about the technologies / vendors / solutions / services / & resources available to both internal associates and external customers.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer (I or II), you will leverage what you know and contribute to our go-to-market approach by helping to create various digital assets and intellectual property (IP) that positions Ingram as a thought leader in the channel. This IP may include but is not limited to the creation of:
- Documents (e.g., Flyers; Sell Sheets; White Papers; Case Studies; etc.)
- Social media posts
- Presentations (e.g., PPTs)
- Resource Guides / Playbooks
- Newsletters & email blast content
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical "DNA" and ability to learn
- Customer support experience within a field of technology is preferred
- This role will focus on partner enablement and technical marketing of within and across the Emerging Data Center technology portfolio.
- Basic knowledge of Data Center products and technologies is required. For example, familiarity with servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure-hardware, networking, etc..
- CompTIA A+, Network+ or other vendor-specific certifications preferred but not required.
- Solution architecting / engineering background is beneficial.
Your Typical Day:
- Advancing your knowledge and building your subject-matter expertise by attending training; vendor presentations; conducting research online; completing courseware; etc.
- Learning the value proposition, sales positioning, and technical differentiation of each of your assigned vendor responsibilities
- Serving as a resource guide and subject matter expert to Ingram Micro’s customers while exhibiting exceptional customer engagement skills and a Get-To-Yes attitude
- Incorporating comprehensive presale, post-sale and professional services & training elements as components of full-solution sales messaging
- Demonstrating the importance of making your value visible
- Demonstrating time management & project-management skills, and functioning as a highly-productive & self-sufficient associate
- May act as a vendor lead/point of contact
- High school education required
- Three years (minimum) related experience in the following: Cybersecurity or Network technician, Technical Sales, Customer service
- Technical certifications preferred (CompTIA, etc.)
- Skills in: keyboarding, MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), basic sales skills, time management; good communication skills (written & verbal) excellent listening skills
- Ability to: learn complex proprietary systems; to work as a team member or independently, to relay/share information accurately.
Why Ingram Micro:
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Great culture!!
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement starting at day 1
- Paid vacation and sick days
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.