Sr. Professional, ERP Applications (SAP Basis)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 56699
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
This position is directly responsible and provides technical hands-on for SAP Basis configuration, installation, performance tuning, release upgrades, security functions, corrections and transports, and client implementation. It requires an in-depth knowledge of distributed computing technologies to configure and integrate SAP systems, which include new SAP dimensional products such as ECC 6.0, BI, Enterprise Portal, PI, CRM, SRM, SCM, TDMS, GTS, TREX, Solution Manager, GRC, Java stacks, and other SAP applications to meet expanding business requirements. SAP Bolt-on includes JDA, Delego, OpenText, Sabrix, LoadRunner, TAO, HPQC, RWD.
Work with technology and business specialists to provide solutions consistent with computing platform standards and IT development strategic direction. Provide capacity planning and future growth assessments of all SAP systems.
What you bring to the role:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers in other teams and lead discussions.
- Ability to multi task and manage tasks in a project timeline
- Ability to receive direction and translating it to execution
- Self-driven and motivated individual, work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation skills and facilitation skills across the IS organization
- Provide technical hands-on administration for all SAP modules on both ABAP and Java application environments
- Experience with SAP single sign-on (SSO) solution for enterprise portal and backend R/3
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Work across functional support areas to tune SAP Applications for optimal performance
- Configure, administer and support SAP systems mentioned above, inclusive of the data dictionary, reference models, ABAP/4 Development Workbench and customizing components. SAP NetWeaver platform functionality for integrating business processes across various systems, databases and sources
- Comply with established level of service and support on all SAP systems to corporate users to ensure minimal system downtime
- Work closely with other Basis team members, platform (e.g. UNIX, Linux), DBA, and security team members and take the lead to optimize performance and troubleshoot problems. Utilize performance monitoring tools to work with application developers to identify and correct inefficient data base operations
- Serve as a resource to IT Business Analysts, customers, and ABAP Developers in designing, configuring and implementing SAP system supporting business and operational needs
- Recommend and initiate change requests as needed to support business rule changes and enhance system functionality
- Submit summaries of change control and status reports regularly
- Duties include resolving and analyzing SAP problems and documenting and implementing solutions or work-around
- The responsibilities also include supporting the SAP team during system testing, interacting with functional business analysts to define and clarify system specifications
- Actively participate in system design, as well as develop formal system test, CM, and release processes
- Implement automated system monitoring, CM, and release tools, and develop baseline support plans and procedures
- Flexible in providing SAP Basis support during off business hours
- SAP Basis On-call rotation is required
- Certification in SAP is preferred
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or Management is a preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of continuous, technical hands-on SAP Basis administration experience
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.