Senior Professional Network Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 56913
Ingram Micro. It is all about the people
35 thousand people all over the world – talented and experienced – this is the Ingram Micro team. We are a Global Technology and Supply Chain Service Provider. We respect our associates’ imagination, personality, and self-expression. We are a team of 1200+ in Bulgaria and we advance together – to оur business goals, to a better career, to our personal development.
Wherever you are on your career path, we will help you keep going forward!
- 3rd line break/fix support for core network and customer services.
- Owns incidents, resolves them swiftly and drives through to final fix, working with customers and other internal teams as appropriate.
- Escalation to vendor support and other internal teams to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Provides concise and relevant action plans for teams to resolve network and customer issues efficiently.
- High-level Cisco TAC case management through vendor.
- Communication and documentation of customer- and service-specific support information to the 1st line SMC 247 teams.
- Uses detailed understanding of operational capabilities to support operations acceptance of new infrastructure and non-standard bids.
- Plan and execute software upgrades on the supported services, working with appropriate teams.
- Pro-active problem management based on technical and trend analysis to drive ever-better network performance.
- Configuration of network elements and migration of services under planned works.
- Technical review and ownership of key network management systems.
- Scope new developments to support continuous improvement of network quality and resilience.
- Ensure operational processes are followed and deliver best-in-class technical support while maintaining a stable and resilient network.
- University degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar background
- 3+ years experience within Network Operations environment of a Telco or MSP.
- Minimum 2 years of work in a 2nd line support position.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of switching & routing knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of protocols in use by the systems and customer applications, independent troubleshooting skills required.
- Excellent Cisco hardware and IOS knowledge
- Good Cisco Meraki, HP & Aruba knowledge
- General knowledge of MSP operational processes and standards.
- Professional, structured and proactive approach.
- Excellent English verbal and written
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and approachable team player
- Calm and productive under pressure
- Detail-oriented and organised approach to work
- Efficient and productive with good time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Decision maker
- Able to proactively manage, develop and coach a team of engineers and technicians with the minimum of assistance from the manager
- General technical understanding of other technologies (eg. VoIP) would be considered an advantage
- CCNP or training for this level of qualification is preferable.
As we value our employees, we offer:
- Competitive salary & Bonus system
- Additional health insurance + Dental & Optical care, Hospital & Pregnancy care
- Well-being Program & Multisport card
- Food vouchers & Transport Allowance
- Referral and baby bonus
- Paid holiday days increasing in time
- Career growth and development – internal and external trainings, language courses
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning Platform