Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Principal Consultant will use his/her skills in leading process design, SCE application knowledge, development integration, testing, and deployment, to focus on architecting a solution using Business Process Re-engineering techniques and methods to achieve a defined business outcome.
The Principal Consultant works on the complete life cycle from business needs definition, through process design, build or system configuration, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery for process enactment and final diagnosis.
The Principal Consultant plays a significant role in re-engineering global Supply Chain processes and solutions which are global in nature, integrated with other process areas, scalable, flexible and follows industry best practices. Process improvements may range from reduced keystrokes, reduced handoffs, centralized data, reduced delays, freeing resources faster, or combing similar activities.
Process Change Implementation & Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Management
- Serve as a supply chain process expert with expertise in defining, designing, and implementing process improvements across Inventory management, Warehouse operations, logistics and quality management while aligning to industry best practices globally.
- Serve as a solution integrator with strong hands-on expertise with leading ERP applications and warehouse management systems.
- Lead, facilitate, manage, and implement business process improvements and system changes in collaboration with cross-functional departments. Change Management encompasses people, process, and tools with focus on effective communication with Process Owners and Stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional projects with focus on process/change management to ensure all teams are tracking to project Milestones, Deliverables, KPI/Service Level Agreements
- Serve as business escalation point of contact for critical/high priority IS system latency / outages impacting associate productivity and company revenue.
- Drive best practices sharing and implementation from a systemic process change impact standpoint in working closely with Supply Chain process owners, Partner Operations Managers, BPI Managers, Project Managers, etc. for centralized repository of knowledge management, including process maps, business requirement documentation, test cases, macro libraries, etc. to share across campuses.
Process Analysis, Testing, and Communication
- Works with business and customers to help them understand their needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Must recognize areas for process improvement and develop plans and requirements for implementing them.
- Coordinates a collaborative testing process between the business and IS team members.
- Supports project manager(s) and related job families on company initiatives as a SME and contributing resource.
- Must detect and resolve issues effectively across process and systems in a timely manner and escalate accordingly.
- Must make sure all measures comply with Ingram’s business/partners standards, governance, policies, and procedures.
Business Systems Documentation and Training
- Update all relevant documentation such as test scripts, training materials, business process documentation, macros, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Develops and maintains a library of such documentation.
- Performs regular audits against documentation to ensure the business is complying with governance standards and other policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical) or IS/IT management field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Ability to analyze and design business processes in Supply Chain execution area
- Ability to develop product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results and feedback from the user community
- Experience in Supply Chain Concepts like Warehouse management, Materials management, Inventory management, process design and Process Improvements.
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) like Mainframe, SAP, Manhattan, Blue Yonder etc.,
- Experience with any one or more industry leading ERP like SAP, Oracle, Mainframe etc.
- Experience with any one or more industry leading Transportation Management systems like JDA, SAP, etc.
- Experience with industry leading warehouse automation technologies is a plus.
- Experience with one or more databases like DB2, IMS, Oracle, SQL, etc.
- Experience with Interface design of different types of ASC X12 EDI messaging in transportation, Supply chain, establish EDI connectivity with partners, File exchange testing between customer and ERP systems.
- Experience with any two or more technologies like DOT NET, C, COBOL, JCL, UNIX, CICS, TSO, CONTROL-M, File Aid IMS is preferrable.
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Detailed understanding of business analysis concepts, Supply Chain processes and Supply Chain applications
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.
- Able to build, maintain, and develop strong business relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated use of lean, six sigma, DMAIC, DMADV, ISO-9000, Kaizen, Poke yoke and other tools and methodologies towards process improvements and process design is a plus.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.