Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Exciting opportunity for a leader in all technologies within Global Network and Telcom, with a passion for driving transformation. Join our team as the Sr. Principal, reporting to the Director, Global Network and Telephony Services. As our subject matter expert, you will help steer the team, motivating and leading automation efforts. Evaluate new technologies like Riverbed, ThousandEyes, NetScout, Viavi Observer and stay current on future tools that help us continue to deliver world class service in a global network of more than 250 connected locations in 50+ countries, 5 global datacenters, public cloud IaaS and 1000’s of network devices in a complex environment that is critical to daily business operations.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance, analyzing new technologies and building business cases for adoption.
- Act as a last point of escalation for all network issues, providing structured troubleshooting to complex issues that are impacting the business.
- Manage incidents and requests within established service level agreements.
- Create and maintain support documentation as required and operationalize the environments to hand off to the operations team for day-to-day support.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery planning for the network environment to minimize work disruption.
- Identify opportunities and drive engineering and service improvements, simplifying and consolidating architecture wherever possible.
- Ensure asset management and asset inventory are kept up to date and work with the ITIL teams to ensure value from the processes that the team participates in.
- Plan and execute preventative maintenance and lifecycle management to ensure systems are appropriately managed and secure.
- Identify new opportunities and technologies and be able to take them through idea, business case, proposal, planning, execution, and operationalization.
- Work closely with other infrastructure, application, and business teams to understand their requirements and translate those into technical delivery, strong relationship skills are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with our teams, leaders, customers, stakeholders, vendors, and other teams, solving complex problems together.
- Build strong relationships with our partners and ensure they are held accountable for delivery and supporting Ingram Micro’s needs effectively.
- Collaborate with other regional IS departments to ensure specific project alignment to infrastructure strategy and roadmaps, while providing team oversight in ensuring timely delivery of these aspects as well as provide mentoring direction to members of team.
- We are looking for an experienced SME and network leader with solid network technical experience.
- Is energetic, confident, self-starting who can work independently and across diverse teams to deliver results, efficiently and in a sustainable fashion.
- This is a fast-paced environment driven by both technology and business. You should be someone who thrives on challenges and controlling complex environments.
- Insatiably curious. You ask why, you explore, you are not afraid to contribute ideas. You can work at a tiny crack until you have broken open the whole nut, using an engineering mindset based on factual analysis.
- You show good logical troubleshooting processes and can quickly identify where issues exist even if they may not be in your area of responsibility.
- Proven record to be a quick leaner – can learn technology and solution quickly.
- You enjoy working on new technologies, working with and developing strong teams and mentoring others, you see the team’s success as your success and the team’s failure as your failure.
- You are a leader that is well respected by your peers and subordinates alike.
- The successful candidate will have strong networking, architectural and technical background, global network team management experience, project management experience, good organization skills, be able to communicate well and build strong partnerships with vendors, technical teams, and business.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
- 7+ Years’ experience in large enterprise network environments with 3 – 5 years in a network leadership role.
- 7+ years of experience managing Cisco networking technologies in both LAN and WAN environments.
- Experience motivating/leading engineers in an on/offshore delivery model and delivering in complex environments.
- Experience working in ITIL Framework.
- Experience managing Datacenter technologies such as Cisco Nexus switches, routers, firewalls, WAN optimization, load balancers, and other network devices.
- Experience managing complex routing environments using BGP and EIGRP.
- Experience managing security technologies such as next-gen firewalls, DLP, IDS/IPS and UTM devices.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues from beginning to end in complex environments.
- Experience in implementing support processes including documenting and enforcing these processes to operationalize environments.
- Experience implementing automation techniques and scripting.
- Cisco certification in multiple disciplines - CCNP required, CCIE preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification – preferred
Position may require travel.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.