Python Applications Engineer (Engineer, Software Development)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 49118
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Python Applications Engineer (Engineer, Software Development) is primarily responsible for developing software for the Global Business Services centers using the prescribed programming language / platform by the team.
The role entails maintaining existing codebase, interpreting technical requirements and designing optimized solutions. The role is expected to be self-sufficient with minimal supervision required and capable of handling intermediate to complex projects.
- Develop and maintain applications and processes that are critical for the Canada finance team.
- Manage applications like AP Tool, PP Claiming, Master Claims Database, Miscellaneous Credits and impulse automation macros.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Application Development
- Perform Tests (Data & Applications)
- Project Documentation & correspondence
- Software Maintenance
- Database Development
The Ideal Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years graduate of IT or any related course preferred
- > 3 years functional experience & > 1 year of specific experience
- Technical Skill Proficiency in required programming language / platform:
- ETL: SSIS | Database: SQL Development – Intermediate
- Web Languages: VB6 \ VBA | Python – Intermediate
- Framework: Django
- Project & partner Management:
- Engineers can hold up on their own and minimal supervision. Communicate effectively with multiple resource/project resources.
- Manage Technical and Functional Delivery of RDA Applications and able to lead best practices while maximize enterprise data & reporting technology investments.
- Highly organized and fulfill project tasks as necessary.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.