Sr. Mgr, Talent Acquisition-PHL
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 57557
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition leads the Talent Acquisition team in Philippines Global Business Services to develop and implement full-life cycle recruitment process, including the development and execution sourcing initiatives, assessment, selection or acquisition strategies of qualified candidates, and retaining high quality associates. It is his/her main responsibility to develop, refine and maintain a comprehensive pipeline of candidates through creative sourcing such as employee referrals, job boards, social networking, professional directories and associations, targeted email, text and call campaigns amongst others as well as manage all communication and negotiations with outside agencies with respect to recruiting services. This role will facilitate the development of the company’s staffing tool set, including global applicant tracking systems, pre-boarding, and on-boarding processes. Assures effective recruitment, selection, and orientation of new Associates and/or alternative staffing through a dynamic pre-boarding program.
The position must consistently meet established metrics for productivity, candidate/client satisfaction and quality as well as strategically identify business development opportunities through recruitment efforts and ensure proper administration of an effective recruitment process.
This role is responsible for directing the team’s activities, training and coaching, and completing their performance reviews. Provides professional support and advice on recruitment to line and department managers and advises managers on best practice recruitment and selection. The role acts as the point of escalation for staffing related issues for all sourcing and recruitment concerns and deliverables.
The role is also expected to provide qualitative and quantitative recruitment statistical reports and perform continuous research and knowledge acquisition on recruitment strategies and needs on how to attract top talent.
Major Responsibility: Strategic Talent Sourcing and Recruitment, Employer Branding
Major Responsibility: Stakeholder Management
- Responsible for leading the overall strategy for talent sourcing, recruitment marketing, employment branding, and processes, recruiting support systems and fiscal accountability relative to staffing strategic efforts
- Sets standards of excellence and advance the human resource planning needs of the business
- Holds expertise in Talent market research and intelligence leveraging industry and recruiting trends that will impact service levels
- Position targeted employment branding and recruitment advertising campaigns in support of business needs
- Provides strategic team leadership and guidance to deliver high quality candidates and hires across the organization in support of business needs, also provides consultative support to hiring managers regarding, staffing process, and staff selection and related company policies
- Leads strategic sourcing and recruiting efforts for the organization through strategic planning, research and initiatives, and identifies strategic partnerships with which to build relationships to increase the talent pipeline
- Builds multi-channel talent pipelines for critical roles and developing recruitment strategies to ensure targeted goals are filled in an effective, timely, and cost effective including recruitment of senior and niche candidates in limited candidate spaces – developing and implementing a business plan which is geared at building key competitive research, industry profile development, networking and direct sourcing
- Consults with HR Business Partners and Leadership to understand Talent Acquisition needs and subsequently constructs a program to deliver on these needs;
- Ensures implementation of sourcing and recruitment strategies consistently to attract top talents in the country
- Drives the development of the targeted brand and social media strategy
- Position targeted employer branding and recruitment advertising campaigns in support of business needs
- Holds a deep, specialized knowledge and expertise, and able to initiate and foster new ideas, develop plans to deliver results, and drive excellence in recruiting processes and programs
- Initiates changes in the recruiting model by bringing innovative approaches, aligning resources for each targeted profile based on key competencies of each program, supporting the implementation of program and process improvements, tools and vendor relationships to increase business impact
- Identifies, captures, and reports on relevant recruitment metrics to assess quality of hires, and retention; and use information to identify trends and make ongoing process improvements aligned with business objectives
- Optimizes Talent Acquisition expertise and leverage recruiting best practice models/processes, tools, technologies, and vendors to drive good hiring decisions
- Maintains strong relationships with sourcing channels such as recruitment vendors and schools and universities
- Determines and establishes a recruiting team organizational structure that supports programs and workflow of all talent acquisition activities
- Drives adoption of high quality consistent recruiting, interviewing & hiring practices that support a highly positive candidate experience and recruiter/hiring manager efficiency to meet talent acquisition objectives and metrics
- Collaborates with other centers of excellence (COE’s) and Shared Services to ensure a best practice approach to hiring talent and an integrated approach to the employee lifecycle
- Collaborates with key stakeholders (Hiring Managers and HR leadership team) to drive recruitment activities that align with key business objectives.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner and subject matter expert in Talent Acquisition and brings solutions to increase ROI and efficiencies across the business and functional recruiting programs through collaboration and best practice sharing
- Provides the full picture of country-wide recruiting efforts through consolidated reporting to executive teams and key stakeholders; provides recruiting status reports with key performance benchmarks and timely updates on recruiting activities
- Partners with Business and Functional Leadership, stakeholders, and HR Business Partners to develop and implement a targeted recruiting strategy to hire top-quality candidates to meet talent planning goals
- Acts as an internal consultant to executive leadership to proactively understand staffing needs and develops plans to address the requirement
- Provides consultative advice to Executives and influences decision making and outcomes affecting Talent Acquisition strategies
- Identifies areas of need for change management strategies and building action plans to execute change to address those needs
- Hands-on recruitment of talent for Senior Manager and Director level roles and up, including candidate sourcing, screening and interviewing.
Major Responsibility: Reporting and Administrative Activities
- Works with designated associate in gathering of data for monthly and quarterly reports to be sent to business leaders
- Creates monthly, quarterly and annual business review decks for other tower leader/s and/ or senior leadership detailing actual results versus goals and targets established
- Ensures that each towers’ manpower forecasts, plans and objectives are cascaded to the team; meets with business and Human Resource leaders to forecast needs and plan recruitment strategy.
- Creates and drives regular business cadence on group initiatives, both locally and globally, or as deemed necessary through conference calls or face to face meetings
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for recruiting, screening and on-boarding of candidates
- Conducts audits on the Applicant Tracking System (Jobvite) to ensure that information are up to date and accurate
- Performs other HR functions as required
Major Responsibility: Team Management
- Plan staffing levels.
- Recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the associates in the Talent Acquisition Team in accordance with the Ingram Micro’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, by supporting associates’ Individual Development Plans and providing guidance on career progression.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability through regular feedback.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of HRBPs, when necessary.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Establishes Team goals and scorecards to monitor and communicate the effectiveness of the Talent Acquisition Team, and ensure that succession plans are in place.
Responsibility: Department Management
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department (e.g. Keeps track of Cost Per Hire and other recruitment expenses to ensure that it is within the approved budget, Reviews and provides recommending approval to proposals and invoices from vendor payments, advertising suppliers and recruitment spending; Negotiates and manages services agreements, contracts and service levels of several global external vendor partners to ensure proper source talent is being funneled into the talent pipeline; Optimized Cost Per Hire, Recruitment Marketing Strategy Budget and forecasted ROI based on growth projections); Manage a significant budget to ensure strategic investment into talent selection
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Proactively makes recommendations on new staffing strategies and executes effectively.
- Provides continuous improvement of a variety of recruiting related processes and tools including candidates sourcing, preparation of documents for effective recruiting like job descriptions, interview forms, job grades and salary ranges, process or account profiling, oversee reference checks and medical screening, tracking and reporting information
- Enhances Ingram Micro staffing strategy by gathering competitive intelligence on market trends and best practices to ensure that Ingram Micro is at par with industry’s aggressive staffing efforts