Ingram Micro LIFECYCLE offers state-of-the-art solutions to address the return, refurbishment, repair, and remarketing of technology products. These services enable operators, retailers, insurers, enterprises, and OEMs to maximize the life of technology products through a suite of environmentally responsible solutions. Ingram Micro Lifecycle will enable a circular and sustainable product lifecycle and include services such as configuration & fulfilment, returns management, repair & refurbishment, trade-in & buy back, asset management, IT asset disposition, and remarketing.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Ingram Micro Lifecycle for a commercially astute, PL accountable leader to support our growth in the area of supply chain services for spare parts.
The role is twofold
· It encompasses the setup, day to day management, forecasting, procurement, order delivery and optimisation of the spare parts management platform for a major, globally recognised OEM. You’ll be the overall business owner for these services within the company, and you’ll own creating and managing the team and control all aspects of inventory buy-in and fulfilment to customers, to ensure the platform delivers against both customer and internally set goals and achieves PL expectations.
· In addition to the above “externally focused” platform for parts fulfilment to customers, the role also encompasses managing spare parts sourcing for internal consumption in a major production facility in the technology repair and refurbishment sector, across several OEMs. This includes managing stock levels and value, and minimising obsolescence against set goals.
Working within the Ingram Micro Lifecycle business unit, you will create a team to manage the two areas described above, from both existing team members and new team members where you will define the roles and build the team.
You will take direct responsibility for all aspects of management of spare parts supply chain and spare parts fulfilment to the external customers and our internal production facility, including management of key customers and development of the team.
You’ll work extremely closely with the UK finance team in all aspects of this role, as well as the site director for the facility.
As a member of the UK senior team, you’ll drive focus on execution and optimisation of the spare parts supply chain to achieve rigorous targets. You will be present on the site at least 3 days per week unless otherwise agreed, to build, mentor, manage and coordinate people resources and lead the team, developing the people as needed over time and adding to the team as needed, and as the PL growth allows.
As a business owner, your contribution to the overall business is measured via key commercial metrics, which include the following:
· Delivery of the standalone PL for the spare parts management business. This will be delivered by a high level of attention to detail on all order traffic - controlling sell out pricing, logistics pricing, buy-in, and labour involved in fulfilment of orders to customers, so the end-to-end result is achieved
· Eradication of obsolescence and downside risk in all parts procured, avoiding stock write downs and write offs via tight control of purchases (Volume and Timing of orders) and management of returns to OEMs for credit against set targets
· Working capital is always a core consideration when considering spare parts supply chain, so managing the e2e stock of spares within value/consumption targets at OEM level is a core part of the deliverable.
You’ll work closely with the Site Director (Norwich) to manage operational costs, analysing and proactively managing the per unit costs applying to your PL. Management of the warehouse team may not be your responsibility, but you’ll put the measures in place to ensure that the accuracy and on time performance of all shipments, inc B2C shipments, are visible and under control when performed by the NR1 team, and you’ll take a lead role in drastically reducing RMAs.
Together with other administration resources, you’ll be responsible for producing all performance and operational reporting to present the performance of your area. This will include presentation to the exec via power-point, as well as more analytical actions that your team will undertake each day, including analysing order traffic, stock age and value, on time delivery in full, and other key metrics, as well as order placement t support all the programs - via OEM systems which you’ll need to develop a detailed understanding of.
The position requires dedication and passion to work with minimal direction and is a leadership role. Employing your leadership skills you will become a prominent member of the UK management team. You’ll be focused on delivery of the PL, maintaining customer satisfaction, and achieving client KPIs at all times.