Sr. Professional, Information Security-PHL
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 57635
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The focus of the Sr. Professional Information Security is to distinguish, interrupt and suppress threat actors on enterprise networks. To execute this, you will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. Working within the Security Operations Center Team at Ingram Micro, you will be responsible for detecting and assessing cyber security events and incidents across the enterprise environment. Sr Threat Analysts will also participate in developing processes, procedures, training, etc. for new technologies. We seek a candidate to have a curious investigative mind, a passion in information security, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to varied audiences.
- Investigate events and incidents to gather evidence and analyze in a comprehensive, consistent, and measurable manner
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and other security tools
- Hunt for suspicious and malicious threats within the environment
- Identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning to reduce alert-fatigue
- Join forces with internal Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) during investigations
- Train and mentor other team members to develop a high-performing team
- Author investigation reports for technical and non-technical audience
- Work in 12-hour shift (2-2-3 schedule)
- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in an internal Security Operations Center (SOC) or Managed Security Service (MSS) Collaborate with Security Architecture, Engineering to Operationalize new security controls
- Have in depth working on security tools such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Anti-Virus,
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK and methods to detect suspicious and malicious behavior
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools
- Previous experience as a point of escalation in a technical environment